Kentucky License Plate Question (Toll Bridge Related)

woodsrider

Riverlink started sending me a bill back in April for everyday crossing both ways on the toll bridge out of Louisville to Indiana. The pic was of 97-03 f150, plate number was not mine. I called them and after finally getting thru to someone, this the response I got: "Sir, we get our plate information from the state the occurrence took place in. We have no control over them giving us incorrect info, you will have to deal with them to correct this situation." The plate number came back to something in Jefferson county. I live in Campbell county, have never had that plate number or that type of truck in my name. They kept billing me for 4 months said I owed, $600+ in bridge tolls. I sent them the owner's name and address of the vehicle in question, they never responded. Then I got a let from them starting that the state would be revoking my registration for this vehicle for non payment. So I sent them a not so nice email and lettter saying how ignorant they are and that I got my info from the state of KY, so they made a mistake not the state. Told them to revoke that plate, wasnt mine anyway. After 2 more bills (total of 18) they stopped coming. Never heard from them again.....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through tolls in Fort Lauderdale and Chicago I was never billed.

The photo tolls like are being referenced here? How long ago was it? I went thru my first one back in July when we were leaving Niagara Falls. Took at least the better part of 3 or 4 weeks til we finally got something in the mail.

The photo tolls like are being referenced here? How long ago was it? I went thru my first one back in July when we were leaving Niagara Falls. Took at least the better part of 3 or 4 weeks til we finally got something in the mail.

About 4 years ago in Chicago and back in June down in Florida. I have a tinted thing over my plate so they might not see it.

About 4 years ago in Chicago and back in June down in Florida. I have a tinted thing over my plate so they might not see it.

Gotcha. I'd say you're probably right. I've often wondered how many pictures get tossed because they're unable to make out all of the letters/digits.

It took almost 6 months for me to get a bill from Delaware. The toll booth malfunctioned and didn’t register the quarter I threw in. I didn’t have anymore change, and the toll booth was unmanned so I just went through. Got a $25 fine 6 months later. I know I should have fought it, but I had no way of being able to prove what happened and ended up just paying. In reality, I shouldn’t have ignored it, and tried to address it right away, so I was somewhat at fault. Just wasn’t wasn’t worth my time or effort, to pursue what I’m sure would have been a major annoyance in fighting it.

I’ve always wondered about the purpose of the tinted cover over a license plate.

I’m not sure tinted plate covers are anything more than window dressing. However, when I lived in Philly, people stealing registration tags was a huge problem. They would simply use tin snips and cut the corner with the sticker off, and then somehow remove it and put it on their tags. Plastic license plate covers at least slowed the tag thieves down and likely choose an easier target.

I’m not sure tinted plate covers are anything more than window dressing. However, when I lived in Philly, people stealing registration tags was a huge problem. They would simply use tin snips and cut the corner with the sticker off, and then somehow remove it and put it on their tags. Plastic license plate covers at least slowed the tag thieves down and likely choose an easier target.

I can certainly understand why someone would have a cover but I can’t figure out the purpose of a tinted cover beyond the desire to make it more difficult for someone to read your plate number.

It took almost 6 months for me to get a bill from Delaware. The toll booth malfunctioned and didn’t register the quarter I threw in. I didn’t have anymore change, and the toll booth was unmanned so I just went through. Got a $25 fine 6 months later. I know I should have fought it, but I had no way of being able to prove what happened and ended up just paying. In reality, I shouldn’t have ignored it, and tried to address it right away, so I was somewhat at fault. Just wasn’t wasn’t worth my time or effort, to pursue what I’m sure would have been a major annoyance in fighting it.

Okay, so that's a little different than what we experienced. There was no toll booth to go through. Basically there was a camera (actually one for every lane) that snapped pictures of license plates as you passed by. It was nice in the sense that traffic never slowed down at all.

• 4 weeks later...