Kentucky License Plate Question (Toll Bridge Related)

woodsrider

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are you going to fight it? You are obviously right, but might be more than an $8.00 headache to fix.

The dispute part was easy, 10 mins to send an email. We will have to see from there how it goes. But I’d probably fight it if it were $.50 becasue screw them.

Those veteran plates are the absolute hardest to read the stacked letters. I almost have to rear end someone to make them out. The previous versions of the Nature tag was pretty bad as well. It’s since been corrected, but the veteran plate is by far the worst.

Duplicate plates are a huge issue in KY. My license plate (has been the same since I bought my care in 2004) is also the same plate # for a 1990 Chevy S-10 and a 2012 Honda civic.

My Brother's vehicle was the Recipient of a Duplicate plate about 10 years ago. His wife was going to Jail before the Ft Thomas Office looked closer at the "County" of Campbell sticker and In fact the Stolen car with Identical plates was in fact from McCraken Co.

When he inquired about it they told him it's a common practice to Duplicate Plates. All they have to do is Slap a Different County Decal to make it Somewhat work! Hopefully the process is getting Better! That would suck to be in the Wrong place at the Wrong time and get Punished for something you have no Control over....

My Brother's vehicle was the Recipient of a Duplicate plate about 10 years ago. His wife was going to Jail before the Ft Thomas Office looked closer at the "County" of Campbell sticker and In fact the Stolen car with Identical plates was in fact from McCraken Co.

When he inquired about it they told him it's a common practice to Duplicate Plates. All they have to do is Slap a Different County Decal to make it Somewhat work! Hopefully the process is getting Better! That would suck to be in the Wrong place at the Wrong time and get Punished for something you have no Control over....

Almost got arrested in Virginia several years ago because of duplicate plates. Cop ran my plate and come back to a different vehicle (oddly enough from McCracken Co) he thought that I had stolen the car and the plate. Good thing the person I was meeting was a friend who was a Virginia State trooper for 43 years, high up on the pole, and taught at the academy. When he pulled up I will never forget what he said to the cop, I cant post it on BGP, lol.

My friend explained to me about duplicate plates in KY and how bad it was, so bad that he said at the academy in Virginia they have a lesson about it and how to deal with it.

• 1 year later...

So got another bill in the mail for toll charges, this time from Texas and for $64.00. There were 5 tolls in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Same guy as the last time, veteran plates on a Chevy Silverado. Again emailed pics of my truck and plate to them and it’s been taken care of. At this point I guess I need to get a new plate.

So got another bill in the mail for toll charges, this time from Texas and for $64.00. There were 5 tolls in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Same guy as the last time, veteran plates on a Chevy Silverado. Again emailed pics of my truck and plate to them and it’s been taken care of. At this point I guess I need to get a new plate.

This other dude seems like a real gem.

You really get around.

Just saw the new Clint Eastwood movie The Mule. Sounds like new plates might be in your best interest. Can't be too careful.

This other dude seems like a real gem.

How's it his fault? Should he be contacting the transportation department in Texas, saying "Hey, I've never got anything from you on those toll bridges."

Unless this guy was deliberately trying to alter his plate to look like someone else's, or not paying on the tolls he's actually received bills from...he's free and clear, in my book.