One Big Stadium in Jefferson County

THS2011

Other than T and X, what program(s) can really fill up a stadium? I don't get down to Louisville much, but in Lexington, once basketball starts, the football stadiums are empty, even in the playoffs!

I don't think it has as much to do with filling up stadiums as it does cutting down on the physical property that must be maintained.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think it has as much to do with filling up stadiums as it does cutting down on the physical property that must be maintained.

Yes, but it was previously posted that legacy facilities would remain as practice facilities. Have you considered the title IX concerns over putting football in an elite stadium, and girl's programs on the dirt school stadiums?

Yes, but it was previously posted that legacy facilities would remain as practice facilities. Have you considered the title IX concerns over putting football in an elite stadium, and girl's programs on the dirt school stadiums?

Great point. I think JCPS would be wise to built three of these new stadiums (one east, one west, one south), but only for games. Boys/girls soccer, football, lacrosse, etc. would only use the stadiums on game day, relegating practices to the older, existing stadiums/locations.

More than one sport could use the field.......

I think Jeff Co should build it. All of their programs are far superior than the rest of the state, no reason they shouldn't have the best of the best. I'm sure they could 'divert' some funds from other areas.

You know there are over 20 football playing high schools and even more playing soccer? You read or hear about a few but there's clearly a haves and have nots in JCPS!

What I mean is for the teams that do not draw big crowds, abandon their home fields and play there games in a big stadium. Such as a double header on Friday night and Saturday. Or 3/4 games on Saturday.

High school football is for Friday nights, Saturday games don't have the same feeling.

I doubt Jefferson County Schools could build if they wanted to.

First it would have to be bonded more than likely. If it is bonded the district would have to put it where it fits in their priority of needs, compared to classrooms, science labs, library, school renovations, support services renovations or new facility.

The state then approves this and only approves what is on the list in priority order. It is doubtful, that in a district as large as Jefferson County that a sports facility this costly would trump a new school, several educational or support(bus garages, food storage facilities, etc.). the state wouldn't let it happen, more than likely.

In order to be a realistic possibility, it will have to be a private donor(s). Then the district loses some control and probably other revenue sources they normally get, such as concessions.

Although it may sound like a great idea, the $$ may be available, they may not be allowed.

The best way is for some huge donor to build, put their name on it and give it to the district. e.g. Guru Field

I doubt Jefferson County Schools could build if they wanted to.

First it would have to be bonded more than likely. If it is bonded the district would have to put it where it fits in their priority of needs, compared to classrooms, science labs, library, school renovations, support services renovations or new facility.

The state then approves this and only approves what is on the list in priority order. It is doubtful, that in a district as large as Jefferson County that a sports facility this costly would trump a new school, several educational or support(bus garages, food storage facilities, etc.). the state wouldn't let it happen, more than likely.

In order to be a realistic possibility, it will have to be a private donor(s). Then the district loses some control and probably other revenue sources they normally get, such as concessions.

Although it may sound like a great idea, the $$ may be available, they may not be allowed.

The best way is for some huge donor to build, put their name on it and give it to the district. e.g. Guru Field

Papa John's HS stadium.

Again, this sort of thing is done in other cities. This stadium could house track, football, lacrosse, field hockey, soccer, etc.

All JCPS would have to do is to turf the field at Manual Stadium. They have already redone the lights and stands. The stands have plenty of capacity for all but the St. X - Trinity game. It would be a wonderful atmosphere for some big Louisville high school games.

All JCPS would have to do is to turf the field at Manual Stadium. They have already redone the lights and stands. The stands have plenty of capacity for all but the St. X - Trinity game. It would be a wonderful atmosphere for some big Louisville high school games.

Parking is the issue there.