Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tipping Policy

Featured Replies

Food servers rely on your tips to survive often. IF you don't want to tip them, hit a drive through.

 

I tip them well. I understand that they get paid that way.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an unorthodox way of figuring the tip when we're at a restaurant. I'll take the tax amount, multiply it by 3, then add whatever change is needed to make my entire bill an even dollar amount. Since I'm usually paying with my credit/debit card, it makes balancing at the end of the month a whole lot easier.

 

Folks in certain cities must really like you. Chicago tax rate is around 10%. Tenn. is not cheap either.

I generally tip 20-50%. It depends on the location and service. I live off of commission and do well that way so I tend to over compensate anyone in the service industry.

I guess im a scrooge when it comes to tipping. If i am paying for a service, im not tipping extra just because. Like furniture delivery and such. If they do something extra then maybe.

 

We dont order pizza delivery so no tip there.

 

Dont eat out at server type resturants much anymore but I normally start at 10% and the serverer earns what they get from there. If they are attentive, pay attention, get things right it goes up, they dont it goes down.

^I wouldn't expect anything else.

I tip what I want. If waitress/waiter service was lousy you get nothing from me although I will say it's not very often. And if I do get lousy service, I usually give the place ONE more shot, that is all.

I have an unorthodox way of figuring the tip when we're at a restaurant. I'll take the tax amount, multiply it by 3, then add whatever change is needed to make my entire bill an even dollar amount. Since I'm usually paying with my credit/debit card, it makes balancing at the end of the month a whole lot easier.

 

I don't know that that's unorthodox, but it does mean you'll tip different amounts in places with different tax if you travel a bunch. I kind of do the same thing, except I round the amount of the bill up (not including tax) to the closest multiple of 5 (i.e. $53.75 gets rounded up to $55). Double that number and move the decimal left one place. So for my example above, I'd leave a tip of $11 (55x2=110, move the decimal left=$11). This way you'll always tip a little over 20%, and you'll still have whole numbers to balance your books (which who really still does that with electronic banking/financial programs/apps that do it for you?).

What amount is appropriate for restaurants that do curbside carryout?

Pizza delivery is always five bucks, regardless of the order.

 

Reataurants is almost always 20%, with the possibility to go up. They would have to be exceptionally horrible for me to tip any less.

 

Valets $5 when I have it on me.

 

Those are the only situations I frequent that I would tip.

What amount is appropriate for restaurants that do curbside carryout?

 

This is the one I struggle with. I'm never sure what, how much, or if I should tip on a carryout order that I pick up myself.

I tip what I want. If waitress/waiter service was lousy you get nothing from me although I will say it's not very often. And if I do get lousy service, I usually give the place ONE more shot, that is all.

By "lousy" do you mean that they don't bring you your order? I can't envision expecting someone to serve me for free.

I have to come clean here. When I saw the thread title I thought we were gonna be talking about cows.

To get back on topic, it's generally 20% for me.

This is the one I struggle with. I'm never sure what, how much, or if I should tip on a carryout order that I pick up myself.

Carry out is no tip because they aren't providing a service beyond cooking your food and aren't getting paid server's wages. Curbside pick up might be different. I need to think more on that one.

What amount is appropriate for restaurants that do curbside carryout?

 

Its carryout, why would you tip for that?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.