Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tipping Policy

Featured Replies

The wife and I argued about this earlier. How much do you tip...

 

Pizza Delivery: 2 dollars and whatever the coin change is

 

Waiter: 20% of the bill before taxes. If service is terrible, it drops to 10-12%

 

Reds Usher: I try to avoid them but if I can't, then a dollar.

 

Reds concession vendors: I do not tip them.

 

Chinese Buffet: Maybe a dollar. It is a buffet where I serve myself.

 

The tip bucket at chipotle/starbucks/subway/Mccallisters/ect: I do not tip them.

 

Restaurant Host or Hostess: I tip them nothing.

 

Appliance Delivery and assembly: I tip them about 15 dollars. This is where the wife and I disagree, she says you're not supposed to tip them because they live off a wage and not tips.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with most of these. What about valets? what do you give them or do you?

  • Author
I agree with most of these. What about valets? what do you give them or do you?

 

Paying to park is a pet peeve. I'd rather walk an extra half mile then pay someone to park my car.

 

But if I had not choice. I guess 2 dollars is fair.

I tip my pizza delivery guy 20%.

 

Valets are $5.00

 

Appliance assembly guys...never occurred to me that I was supposed to do that.

 

I always worry when you go to one of those restaurants where you stand in line to order something, take a number, then sit and wait for them to bring the food to you. Are you supposed to tip them?

I give my pizza guys/gals $5.

 

Restaurants start at 20% and occasionally I'll do 25% on good service.

 

Reds usher $1 or $2 if it's raining otherwise I try to avoid them.

I give my pizza guys/gals $5.

 

Restaurants start at 20% and occasionally I'll do 25% on good service.

 

Reds usher $1 or $2 if it's raining otherwise I try to avoid them.

This. Pizza guy gets $5 no matter amount of bill.

 

Same on reaturants as you.

Tipping is out of hand.

It seems we're supposed to tip everything now.

Tipping is out of hand.

It seems we're supposed to tip everything now.

Tip jar at register at Subway makes me what to throat punch someone.
Tip jar at register at Subway makes me what to throat punch someone.

 

There are tip jars everywhere.

I can't imagine tipping less than 20% at a restaurant. I always round up. Servers live off of their tips.

 

Food delivery: usually $5

 

Salon service: $10

 

I don't tip furniture/appliance delivery, unless they do something extra for me. I don't tin for pizza when I pick it up, or any fast food place.

Tipping is out of hand.

It seems we're supposed to tip everything now.

Food servers rely on your tips to survive often. IF you don't want to tip them, hit a drive through.

Unless you see something that says on your bill that the gratuity is included, please tip. For those of us in that line of work, it means a lot.

 

And if you're British, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Austraiian, New Zealand or South African, please understand that we do things differently in this country. Servers don't make minimum wage here.

Pizza/food delivery guys get 20% from me.

 

Wait staff gets at least 20%. A very friendly, attentive server gets even more. It would take a rude, unfriendly server for me to tip any less. Most problems I encounter aren't the servers fault, and I won't punish them for someone else's mistake.

 

Valets get a few bucks, depending on how many singles I have

 

Ushers get a $1 or two

 

I don't tip hostesses.

 

I do tip at the buffets, but only if they bring me drinks or take my plates. Then, I'll give them around 10%.

 

Furniture/appliance delivery guys will get a 10 spot from me.

I have an unorthodox way of figuring the tip when we're at a restaurant. I'll take the tax amount, multiply it by 3, then add whatever change is needed to make my entire bill an even dollar amount. Since I'm usually paying with my credit/debit card, it makes balancing at the end of the month a whole lot easier.

I have an unorthodox way of figuring the tip when we're at a restaurant. I'll take the tax amount, multiply it by 3, then add whatever change is needed to make my entire bill an even dollar amount. Since I'm usually paying with my credit/debit card, it makes balancing at the end of the month a whole lot easier.

 

I do the exact same.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.