Tipping Policy

PP1

Carry out is no tip because they aren't providing a service beyond cooking your food and aren't getting paid server's wages. Curbside pick up might be different. I need to think more on that one.

Generally, that's my thought as well. But I've had times when I've gotten there before my food was ready and I was offered a drink, a place to sit, or they were just really nice. I then I do tip, in the neighborhood of 10%.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you have a server if its carryout?
Does the order come out on a freakin robot? come on, I know you like to play the obtuse role in nearly every thread, but if someone is serving you, you should do in kind. It's not that hard.

Frankly, I think that stuff comes back to bite you in some ways. Not sure how, maybe long duk dong spits in your won-ton soup, who knows?

If you go to a place where carry out means you have to go in and get it yourself, well, I can see the issue with no tip. However, if there is someone who has to bring you your food, like many places, then I think you should tip that server who brought you your food. It's paying for convenience.

Is there anybody at the golf course that I'm supposed to tip? The starter? Concession girl? The guy who cleans the carts?
Caddies. That's about it. And if you play somewhere with one, you'll be informed of the expected minimum prior to your round if you're new there.