Dunkirk

And here I was going to say just one persons opinion and then you list this! Which I agree with! Damn, I'll be disappointed with Dunkirk! Lol, is it the Harry Styles factor!?!?

You never know...

You may like it.

Doubtful, but possible.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was pretty good, but wasn't great. Expecting blood and good would be silly considering its a PG-13 movie. I thought they did a good job with the story, but its hard to feel really connected because of the lack of character development.

My expectations were a little lower than those thinking it would compare to the gold standard of WWII movies, heck the gold standard of movies in general.

I thought it was pretty good, but wasn't great. Expecting blood and good would be silly considering its a PG-13 movie. I thought they did a good job with the story, but its hard to feel really connected because of the lack of character development.

My expectations were a little lower than those thinking it would compare to the gold standard of WWII movies, heck the gold standard of movies in general.

So it's OK if i wait for netflix vs catching this film at the theatre???

So it's OK if i wait for netflix vs catching this film at the theatre???

If you have to, I'd suggest going on a Saturday or Sunday morning when it's cheaper.

Does att still do that bogo thing on Tuesdays?

I'm closer to @AllenR here. Not a spoiler, but if you don't know going in that there are 3 separate stories on 3 different timelines that will converge, it is pretty confusing and hard to follow for the 1st 1/3 to 1/2 of the movie. Additionally, there is very little dialogue and much of the small amount of dialogue that was there was very hard to hear / understand. Low volume and heavy accents didn't help.

Couple of stirring scenes where you'd expect.

While not being a big war movie fanatic myself, when I heard reports that it was not a big bloodbath, and leaned more towards story content, then I actually became intrigued by the idea of seeing it, and considering that war movie buffs aren't finding it too interesting only supports the likelihood that it very possibly could be my cup of tea.

While not being a big war movie fanatic myself, when I heard reports that it was not a big bloodbath, and leaned more towards story content, then I actually became intrigued by the idea of seeing it, and considering that war movie buffs aren't finding it too interesting only supports the likelihood that it very possibly could be my cup of tea.

It didn't really even feel like they went that in deep into the story though.

In the previews they showed a movie called The Darkest Hour which focuses on Winston Churchill seemed more interesting and maybe more up your alley.

Different style war movie. Someone asked me how it compared to a Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor, We were soldiers type movie and my response was "I have seen those movies countless times and will continue to watch those movies, I will not see Dunkirk again".

Different style war movie. Someone asked me how it compared to a Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor, We were soldiers type movie and my response was "I have seen those movies countless times and will continue to watch those movies, I will not see Dunkirk again".

Pearl Harbor? You'll continue to watch Pearl Harbor?