Dunkirk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like watching the IJN bomb Arleigh Burke class destroyers and Ticonderoga class cruisers that came into service 30 years after the war.

Just count your blessings they didn't shape shift into explosion-making robot warriors.

Nothing like watching the IJN bomb Arleigh Burke class destroyers and Ticonderoga class cruisers that came into service 30 years after the war.

:lol2:

Yeah maybe you and I have problems with that movie for different reasons.

The reviews from critics that I have read on this movie have been overwhelmingly good, with several saying it's the best picture of the year. I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not sure what to think after reading the opinions on here.:idunno:

The reviews from critics that I have read on this movie have been overwhelmingly good, with several saying it's the best picture of the year. I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not sure what to think after reading the opinions on here.:idunno:

Honestly it felt like an Indie film which is why it is probably getting good ratings from the artsy folk.

Way better movie than Dunkirk, but still not Saving Private Ryan caliber. Definitely worth a watch though in my opinion.

That's a tough call.

Saving Private Ryan is an awesome movie.

Hacksaw Ridge is an awesome movie.

If both were on tv at same time, RIGHT NOW, I'd probably go to Hacksaw since I've only seen it 3x.

But after I've seen it nearly as many times as Ryan... I'll have to flip a coin.

My neighbor wanted me to go with him and his son to see it in Richmond last week but I couldn't go. Because the movie's promotion clips had saturated the airwaves leading up to the opening he was excited about watching it. I asked him the next day what he thought about it and he said he was kind of mixed on it. It wasn't what he had expected and parts were boring. Said he wished he'd waited for the DVD to come out and watched it at home.

That's a tough call.

Saving Private Ryan is an awesome movie.

Hacksaw Ridge is an awesome movie.

If both were on tv at same time, RIGHT NOW, I'd probably go to Hacksaw since I've only seen it 3x.

But after I've seen it nearly as many times as Ryan... I'll have to flip a coin.

Really? That's certainly some high praise. And don't get me wrong, I thought Mel Gibson did an incredible job with Hacksaw Ridge and bought it the day it came out.

However, I'm not sure I'd put it in the conversation with Saving Private Ryan, maybe wouldn't even put it in my top 3-5 war movies.

Still well done and everyone should watch it.

Really? That's certainly some high praise. And don't get me wrong, I thought Mel Gibson did an incredible job with Hacksaw Ridge and bought it the day it came out.

However, I'm not sure I'd put it in the conversation with Saving Private Ryan, maybe wouldn't even put it in my top 3-5 war movies.

Still well done and everyone should watch it.

I know I've said this in other threads on here several times, but it's a travesty that Saving Private Ryan didn't win Best Picture that year. And to lose to the likes of Shakespeare In Love makes the snub much more of a joke.

Way better movie than Dunkirk, but still not Saving Private Ryan caliber. Definitely worth a watch though in my opinion.

A film which heavily modified a Soviet T-34 to make their Tiger. But right era and at least they made a good go of it. To be fair the only functional Tiger in the world wasn't functional when that movie was made. You know what, I take it back.