Healthcare Ideologies?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it is really simple, but hard to do. Everyone should have an opportunity to have health care premiums no more than 5% of their income as claimed on their W-2. Dedutables not to exceed 3% of a person's income. We are the richest nation on Earth, the government should pick up the rest.

That's the premise/concept, not the details. Again, not easy, but doable in my mind.

We also should not make anyone get it that doesn't want it (except their children).

Interested to know how those % were derived.

I am not debating anything. You asked my thoughts they are there.
I could've been more gentle with my comments, but how does anything get accomplished without critiquing. I could go on and on about problems with government spending but with respect to your opinion about what the intent of this thread was about I'll bow out as well.

I could've been more gentle with my comments, but how does anything get accomplished without critiquing. I could go on and on about problems with government spending but with respect to your opinion about what the intent of this thread was about I'll bow out as well.

The problem with government guaranteeing any product is simple. Products are not guaranteed and the government cannot produce any product more efficiently than the private market.

Let's not act like national debt matters to our leaders. We are jacking up military spending, building a wall, and doling out tax cuts.

My thoughts:

Medicaid for all. Everything else just yokes the middle class. Health insurance premiums and deductibles ain't no thang if you are making 200k plus.

If you make under the poverty line you get Medicaid, so who's left behind?

The common man. Middle class.

Military spending and protecting our borders are constitutional duties of our government.

Tax are up for debate, but it is not the duty of government to burden any citizen with excessive taxes. And yes, I believe all levels of federal taxes are too high.

Military spending and protecting our borders are constitutional duties of our government.

Tax are up for debate, but it is not the duty of government to burden any citizen with excessive taxes. And yes, I believe all levels of federal taxes are too high.

Amen. National Defense and infrastructure are the main jobs of the Federal government. Not monopolizing private market products or social programs.

I'm in the same boat as most of the politicians...........I don't really have a clue, but at least I am willing to admit it.:sssh:

My answer is admittedly vague, but I don't believe the government should play a huge role. However, it should play some kind of role.

But in all honesty, your answer is best.

Open it up to competition nation wide instead of a handful of choices in each state.

I have no problem with government helping some afford health care that can't...but I think everyone should have to pay something and have a stake in their health care expenses.

I know personally a few families I know that pay zero for thier Healthcare go to the ER, Urgent Care or Doctor nearly weekly it seems like. Tummy aches, rashes, diarrhea, head aches things that most of us would take something over the counter for, they run to the doctor.

I will say there are far too many people that call for an ambulance when one isn't needed. With that said there may be equally as many that refuse help but need it, that's their choice. However when others have to carry the burden of higher insurance costs because some are irresponsible or uneducated, that needs to be addressed in some form or fashion.

If I had an answer I'd be happy to post it here. Simply saying I see cities sending EMS units for people with back pain, dizziness, nausea etc when a family member or anyone could have taken them to the hospital. Some are emergencies, very few of those runs are. Currently the opiate epidemic our state is facing also falls into that category of something that clearly needs to be addressed. It costs money to save lives

It takes 600 billion to defend our borders?

Our founding fathers would croak if they saw the way the United States dabbles in the world today. So let's not try to play the constitutional card.

Our founding fathers would croak if they saw the way the United States dabbles in the world today. So let's not try to play the constitutional card.

So are you an isolationist then?

To me the answer is always some where in between. I think the government should leave the actual insurance to the private sector. But maybe include something like the FAIR plan for auto insurance where if you would typically be unable to procure insurance in the private market place for being uninsurable, you can be assigned to a insurance company. That way the insurance industry spreads the load of uninsurable people across themselves to minimize risk and the government could help bare some of the risk after a certain limit is reached.

To me it is really simple, but hard to do. Everyone should have an opportunity to have health care premiums no more than 5% of their income as claimed on their W-2. Dedutables not to exceed 3% of a person's income.

I know this may surprise people, but I think I actually like this, or at least some form of this. I'm not sure of the % numbers used, but everyone paying their share for their coverage would be something I can get behind.

You should look more into the topic before criticizing it. We're the only country in the world who can protect our interest across the entire globe. It's not just about the men and women who keep you safe here.

Also, the US spends more on healthcare than the next 9 countries combined, yet you aren't trying to shrink that.

You should look more into the topic before criticizing it. We're the only country in the world who can protect our interest across the entire globe. It's not just about the men and women who keep you safe here.

Also, the US spends more on healthcare than the next 9 countries combined, yet you aren't trying to shrink that.

You are correct we are the only country who can do that, but that is hardly "protecting our borders."

I think what we spend in healthcare speaks to the cluster that healthcare here in this country.

With that said I'd still rather see my tax dollars spent on the health of someone here than poured out in the desert.

I have little interest over there.