Healthcare Ideologies?

My man I agree with you a lot but you are ignoring a lot of basic economic principles on how price is established.

I'm not ignoring it at all, I just think plantman is grossly overestimating the effect.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is your 10-15% reduction you pulled out of thin air different than the Plantman?

It's not any different. I don't have any statistical data to back me up, but I think it's a lot more rational to think it reduce cost by 10-15% than it is by 50%. I simply don't believe the costs associated with strictly insurance are equal to the costs of the healthcare itself.

I'm not ignoring it at all, I just think plantman is grossly overestimating the effect.

My point is your statement on how price or cost is created isn't correct. Price can be drastically reduced by a host of factors. If the artifacial inflation from a 3rd party is eliminated a true Demand/Supply scenario can take place.

What if we went to a system where you pay for EVERYTHING......like office visits, prescriptions, shots, etc...... and only had insurance for catastrophic emergencies?

My car insurance doesn't cover oil changes, new brakes, new water pump, etc......only major damage.

What if we went to a system where you pay for EVERYTHING......like office visits, prescriptions, shots, etc...... and only had insurance for catastrophic emergencies?

My car insurance doesn't cover oil changes, new brakes, new water pump, etc......only major damage.

We had that at one time.

It's not any different. I don't have any statistical data to back me up, but I think it's a lot more rational to think it reduce cost by 10-15% than it is by 50%. I simply don't believe the costs associated with strictly insurance are equal to the costs of the healthcare itself.

I deal with compliance daily, its expensive trust me.

PlantMan's idea eliminates insurance as a factor in the market. Cuts out the middleman totally. I can envision a 50-percent reduction with that long-tentacled beast out of the way.

My point is your statement on how price or cost is created isn't correct. Price can be drastically reduced by a host of factors. If the artifacial inflation from a 3rd party is eliminated a true Demand/Supply scenario can take place.

I understand the artificial inflation, but I think true inflation is taking place as well. I don't think healthcare (assuming no insurance 3rd party) is ever going to be cheaper. We are always innovating and finding new, more effective ways of giving treatment.