Does Cincinnati have $100M to spend on ANOTHER stadium?

School board was not happy with the idea of FCC building a stadium and needing to take some of their property including Taft’s football field. They are not sure what the term partnership includes. Locals don’t appear to be in favor and the NAACP is keeping a close eye as they are tired of the fabric of the community being torn apart and gentrified in the name of progress and unfulfilled promises.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today Jeff Berding tweeted a WCPO article about how the NKY Chamber of Commerce is still working on getting FCC to head across the river to Kentucky.

"Looking forward to my tour this afternoon to see up close the great community progress in NKY!Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce wants to bring FC Cincinnati to Newport"

Dude is playing greater Cincinnati like a fiddle.

Today Jeff Berding tweeted a WCPO article about how the NKY Chamber of Commerce is still working on getting FCC to head across the river to Kentucky.

"Looking forward to my tour this afternoon to see up close the great community progress in NKY!Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce wants to bring FC Cincinnati to Newport"

Dude is playing greater Cincinnati like a fiddle.

He is doing exactly what he should be doing.

I find it interesting that of the three possible locations only one openly wants the stadium and has a site that is ready to go. Yet that location is seen by most people as the least likely winner.

He is doing exactly what he should be doing.

I find it interesting that of the three possible locations only one openly wants the stadium and has a site that is ready to go. Yet that location is seen by most people as the least likely winner.

I agree.

I also think it's interesting that those who seem to have the most vocal gripes (on here at least) about this aren't even NKY/Cincy residents. Why do they care what Cincinnati spends their money on?

I agree.

I also think it's interesting that those who seem to have the most vocal gripes (on here at least) about this aren't even NKY/Cincy residents. Why do they care what Cincinnati spends their money on?

I'll assume that was aimed at me.

First and foremost, I'm just taking part in a discussion. That's what BGP is about.

Second, using your logic, would it not be reasonable for me to say "I also think it's interesting that UKMustangFan is one of the most vocal (on here at least) about the New England Patriots when he isn't even a New England/Foxborough resident. Why does he care what they do with their money and their team?"

My reasoning for paying attention is the fact that I'm only temporarily out of greater Cincinnati. I'll be back there in 4-1/2 years when my wife finishes her residency. I still spend about half of my weekends, annually, in Northern Kentucky. I was at Bockfest in Cincinnati both Friday and Saturday night last weekend, I'll be at Buona Vita in Crescent Springs for dinner this evening, Rhinegeist tomorrow night for a couples wedding shower, and next weekend I'm going to be up for a family birthday.

Cincinnati is absolutely bleeding money out for that stupid Street Car (which I believe you speak fairly fondly of). Cincinnati is still suffering the damages of the NFL/Bengals/Paul Brown Stadium deal - which was brokered by Jeff Berding. They have a great thing going on with FC Cincinnati playing at Nippert, but now Berding is stepping back into the situation and trying to get another multi-million dollar stadium built when the fact of the matter is, there just is not an actual need for it. This is the MLS being greedy. How many other "small market cities" have a NFL stadium and a MLB stadium and a MLS stadium?

I'll assume that was aimed at me.

First and foremost, I'm just taking part in a discussion. That's what BGP is about.

Second, using your logic, would it not be reasonable for me to say "I also think it's interesting that UKMustangFan is one of the most vocal (on here at least) about the New England Patriots when he isn't even a New England/Foxborough resident. Why does he care what they do with their money and their team?"

My reasoning for paying attention is the fact that I'm only temporarily out of greater Cincinnati. I'll be back there in 4-1/2 years when my wife finishes her residency. I still spend about half of my weekends, annually, in Northern Kentucky. I was at Bockfest in Cincinnati both Friday and Saturday night last weekend, I'll be at Buona Vita in Crescent Springs for dinner this evening, Rhinegeist tomorrow night for a couples wedding shower, and next weekend I'm going to be up for a family birthday.

Cincinnati is absolutely bleeding money out for that stupid Street Car (which I believe you speak fairly fondly of). Cincinnati is still suffering the damages of the NFL/Bengals/Paul Brown Stadium deal - which was brokered by Jeff Berding. They have a great thing going on with FC Cincinnati playing at Nippert, but now Berding is stepping back into the situation and trying to get another multi-million dollar stadium built when the fact of the matter is, there just is not an actual need for it. This is the MLS being greedy. How many other "small market cities" have a NFL stadium and a MLB stadium and a MLS stadium?

It was geared towards those who have constantly complained about the financing aspect of this from the city's perspective for months, and yes I believe you fall into that group.

That's a horrible comparison. I could not care any less how the city's of Boston, Foxboro, or anywhere else other than Taylor Mill, KY spend their money. My rooting interests in a sports team has zero to do with the city's finances. That seems dumb to me.

I find the streetcar to be enjoyable to ride. I've had pleasant experiences with it. Why do I care how the city finances it? I don't live there. Same goes for the sports teams in Cincinnati.

It was geared towards those who have constantly complained about the financing aspect of this from the city's perspective for months, and yes I believe you fall into that group.

That's a horrible comparison. I could not care any less how the city's of Boston, Foxboro, or anywhere else other than Taylor Mill, KY spend their money. My rooting interests in a sports team has zero to do with the city's finances. That seems dumb to me.

I find the streetcar to be enjoyable to ride. I've had pleasant experiences with it. Why do I care how the city finances it? I don't live there. Same goes for the sports teams in Cincinnati.

My point was that you have an interest in something you have virtually zero involvement in. You're smart enough to realize that. But feel free to contravene all you want. I've come to expect that.

As for the financing aspect, well, I guess I just like to think that I'm in favor of everyone trying to maintain fair amount of solvency. That includes the cities and business markets that impact my life. But hey...there are always those who prefer to play their fiddle as Rome burns.

My point was that you have an interest in something you have virtually zero involvement in. You're smart enough to realize that. But feel free to contravene all you want. I've come to expect that.

As for the financing aspect, well, I guess I just like to think that I'm in favor of everyone trying to maintain fair amount of solvency. That includes the cities and business markets that impact my life. But hey...there are always those who prefer to play their fiddle as Rome burns.

I guess it boils down to me not being a fan of telling other people, entities, cities, etc, how to handle their finances when it doesn't directly impact me. It's their money (or debt as the case may be) to use as responsibly or irresponsibly as they so choose.

I guess it boils down to me not being a fan of telling other people, entities, cities, etc, how to handle their finances when it doesn't directly impact me. It's their money (or debt as the case may be) to use as responsibly or irresponsibly as they so choose.

Well then you can rest easy knowing that I'm not burning up any phone lines or blowing up emails telling anyone what to do financially. I'm just stating my opinion on here :idunno:

Well then you can rest easy knowing that I'm not burning up any phone lines or blowing up emails telling anyone what to do financially. I'm just stating my opinion on here :idunno:

As I said, I found it interesting that the most vocal critics of the deal aren't residents of the area. You expounded on why you felt that way, and I appreciate the insights provided.

Exactly why I hope Cincinnati gets the stadium. If it comes to NKY it could directly impact me.