Does Cincinnati have $100M to spend on ANOTHER stadium?

And then yearly maintenance. How many games a year would be in the stadium roughly? It would have to be a pretty decent number to make it worth that.

17 matches a season. Assumption is the infrastructure would also be used to attract/support business development in the area as well.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could guarantee there are going to be others events or even other teams playing there at times and you are looking at 30+ events a year it might be worth it. I don't think 17 is enough IMO.

I know it's not the same, but PBS leaves such a bad taste in my mouth for 10 football games a year. Everyone knows it was a waste from the start.

If you could guarantee there are going to be others events or even other teams playing there at times and you are looking at 30+ events a year it might be worth it. I don't think 17 is enough IMO.

I know it's not the same, but PBS leaves such a bad taste in my mouth for 10 football games a year. Everyone knows it was a waste from the start.

Everything about PBS sucks.

Why isn't PBS a viable option? All I've read from FCC is that it won't work, but I've never heard any reasoning why other than MLS prefers teams to have their own stadium. There are currently 3 or 4 MSL teams sharing a stadium with a NFL or MLB team.

Why isn't PBS a viable option? All I've read from FCC is that it won't work, but I've never heard any reasoning why other than MLS prefers teams to have their own stadium. There are currently 3 or 4 MSL teams sharing a stadium with a NFL or MLB team.

Qualifying specs put out by MLS say you have to have a soccer only stadium.

Qualifying specs put out by MLS say you have to have a soccer only stadium.

Outside of the local news, is there any documentation from MLS saying a soccer only stadium is required for expansion? Everything I've read in regards to the requirements put out by MLS is that the stadium is preferably a soccer-only stadium.

Outside of the local news, is there any documentation from MLS saying a soccer only stadium is required for expansion? Everything I've read in regards to the requirements put out by MLS is that the stadium is preferably a soccer-only stadium.

Like everything with MLS, it's a rule right up until it's not. They'll make exceptions when they feel like it (we want Manchester City's ownership group to be in the league so NYCFC can play at Yankee Stadium). Those exceptions definitely tend to favor the biggest markets and most powerful owners.

Like everything with MLS, it's a rule right up until it's not. They'll make exceptions when they feel like it (we want Manchester City's ownership group to be in the league so NYCFC can play at Yankee Stadium). Those exceptions definitely tend to favor the biggest markets and most powerful owners.

The MLS is the only league that can make the NFL look fair by comparison.

It's also "bendable" to play in an existing co-tenant situation so long as there is a "soccer only" stadium on the drawing board in a realistic timeframe.

Would be interesting to see if FCC has the "stones" to call MLS' bluff. Don't commit but show the possibilities and see if they get franchise awarded. If yes, slow roll things for the best deal while still playing at Nippert and keeping most happy. (Of course, FCC misses out on most/all concessions at Nippert which is a big chunk of change. If they self-fund in Newport, they get to keep all of that.)