Does Cincinnati have $100M to spend on ANOTHER stadium?

MLS is a farce, making new teams have new stadiums, while other teams move into stadiums with other pro teams in them, makes sense, might as well gouge as much as possible. Whats that stadium doing in Columbus for the crew, not a darn thing, and the team is about to leave. Farce.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLS is a farce, making new teams have new stadiums, while other teams move into stadiums with other pro teams in them, makes sense, might as well gouge as much as possible. Whats that stadium doing in Columbus for the crew, not a darn thing, and the team is about to leave. Farce.

The Crew are probably leaving because the city won't build them a new stadium downtown.

The Crew are probably leaving because the city won't build them a new stadium downtown.

That is[/] pretty crazy...like plantmanky said, it's a pretty new stadium. It was completed in '99 specifically for the team, and met the MLS's requirements at that time. It may be a mile or two north of downtown, proper, but geographically it sits basically smack dab in the center of the I-270 loop.

I've heard plenty of talk about the Crew franchise moving to another market, and I really don't know much of the reasoning behind the potential move, but if the stadium is the primary complaint, then the MLS is showing some more-than-poor colors.

That said, I just don't see the Crew hanging on if Cincinnati gets a MLS nod. I've been to a couple Crew matches, and the stadium was only at about a third capacity for both. With Cincinnati drawing the crowds it has, I would have to think it would be a major blow to the Crew.

Is there any real chance that FCC and LCFC both make the MLS in the same expansion?

They just built that one, and they want another one, greedy MLS teams, all fronted by the farce MLS league they are in.

Yep. People in Columbus are conflicted. They want to keep the Crew obviously, but they hate the ownership group for giving them this ultimatum. It's ridiculous.

That is[/] pretty crazy...like plantmanky said, it's a pretty new stadium. It was completed in '99 specifically for the team, and met the MLS's requirements at that time. It may be a mile or two north of downtown, proper, but geographically it sits basically smack dab in the center of the I-270 loop.

I've heard plenty of talk about the Crew franchise moving to another market, and I really don't know much of the reasoning behind the potential move, but if the stadium is the primary complaint, then the MLS is showing some more-than-poor colors.

That said, I just don't see the Crew hanging on if Cincinnati gets a MLS nod. I've been to a couple Crew matches, and the stadium was only at about a third capacity for both. With Cincinnati drawing the crowds it has, I would have to think it would be a major blow to the Crew.

Is there any real chance that FCC and LCFC both make the MLS in the same expansion?

Yeah the ownership of the Crew sucks. They will not get a new stadium. The city will never pay for it. I don't think there is much hope for them honestly, I expect them to be gone.

The Crew situation is unique as a possible move to Austin was literally written into the deal when Precourt bought the team. They're also steamrolling the USL team scheduled to start play in Austin next season to do it.

Things like that make me wonder how much longer this MLS/USL partnership has in it. It's been mutually beneficial to this point but I think some folks at the main office are starting to see it more one-sided than they'd like.