Does Cincinnati have $100M to spend on ANOTHER stadium?

If this is true...Music Hall just had an extensive renovation. I would have thought they would have done whatever they could to have upgraded the acoustics and soundproofed the old lady at that time. I doubt there's going to be a "miracle" cure that the team can come up with. One thing's for certain, you're not going to just move/replace an iconic 140 year old building.

Like I said...if the report is true. But, if it is, I wouldn't bet on the team winning this battle.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true...Music Hall just had an extensive renovation. I would have thought they would have done whatever they could to have upgraded the acoustics and soundproofed the old lady at that time. I doubt there's going to be a "miracle" cure that the team can come up with. One thing's for certain, you're not going to just move/replace an iconic 140 year old building.

Like I said...if the report is true. But, if it is, I wouldn't bet on the team winning this battle.

Its historical status makes too many renovations impossible. These days, things like lighting rigs would be hung from catwalks hanging over the stage. Music Hall's are directly recessed into the ceilings and walls in the old style and they're the weakest points for soundproofing.

Its historical status makes too many renovations impossible. These days, things like lighting rigs would be hung from catwalks hanging over the stage. Music Hall's are directly recessed into the ceilings and walls in the old style and they're the weakest points for soundproofing.

I understand. I guess my point was, anything that WAS possible, probably was done in this last reno. I just don't see any magic rabbit being able to be pulled out of the hat by the team as to what can be done at Music Hall.

I understand. I guess my point was, anything that WAS possible, probably was done in this last reno. I just don't see any magic rabbit being able to be pulled out of the hat by the team as to what can be done at Music Hall.

Gotcha. Yeah they dumped a lot of money into that last round and the result is impressive. And I agree with you that I can't imagine they skipped out on anything they could have possibly done to improve the sound inside the actual theater.

A naive question, but is that the soccer team's problem? You may have some ticked off patrons at Music Hall but why is that FCC's problem at this point?