NKU Student Faked Cancer?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said anything about her medical history.

Why would you think she won't be convicted of a felony?

If you were hiring someone don't you think you have the right to know that they defrauded people of thousands of dollars by lying and running a scam?

And that she likely would be continuing the cancer charade, but unfortunately, she got caught.

I never said anything about her medical history.

Why would you think she won't be convicted of a felony?

If you were hiring someone don't you think you have the right to know that they defrauded people of thousands of dollars by lying and running a scam?

It does directly involve her medical history, in this case, and no, employers are not even remotely entitled to that information.

I think it's entirely possible that the charges will be reduced or dropped due to the conditions surrounding the case, for all the same reasons listed before.

It depends on what I am hiring someone for if I believe that past history is relative to a hiring decision.

You are insistent that this is purely a logic / lying condition and have no capacity to see it differently. That is clouding your ability to see alternatives to the behavior.

Employers are not entitled to anything more than they request. To what extent should this situation follow this person....the rest of their life ? That's a problem.

And while it may follow a person for a lifetime, that is a societal problem with how we perceive legal convictions and we must closely consider our view of a person based on past behaviors. At some point, as human beings, we have to have a better view of past transgressions and future potentials, rather than just relying on a label as our only means of judging the content of a person's character.

And that she likely would be continuing the cancer charade, but unfortunately, she got caught.

You refer to it as a charade. Does this limit one's ability to see it as a manifestation of a potentially more serious mental health condition ?

My belief on the issue of people who commit crimes is simple. If you commit a crime, you face the consequences.

If you are found to have a mental illness that contributed to you committing the crime, that can be factored in to your penalty and/or treatment but it does not reduce the penalty. You are still guilty of the crime and are penalized like those who do not have a confirmed mental illness. The only difference is your penalty includes treatment of your illness.

It does directly involve her medical history, in this case, and no, employers are not even remotely entitled to that information.

I think it's entirely possible that the charges will be reduced or dropped due to the conditions surrounding the case, for all the same reasons listed before.

It depends on what I am hiring someone for if I believe that past history is relative to a hiring decision.

You are insistent that this is purely a logic / lying condition and have no capacity to see it differently. That is clouding your ability to see alternatives to the behavior.

Employers are not entitled to anything more than they request. To what extent should this situation follow this person....the rest of their life ? That's a problem.

And while it may follow a person for a lifetime, that is a societal problem with how we perceive legal convictions and we must closely consider our view of a person based on past behaviors. At some point, as human beings, we have to have a better view of past transgressions and future potentials, rather than just relying on a label as our only means of judging the content of a person's character.

You are way outside the strike zone on this one IMO.

Medical diagnosis and criminal record are two very different things.

While they are two very different things, they do not exist in exclusive vacuums. In many cases, the criminal behavior and mental health manifestations are intertwined and difficult to discern between and within.

You can't disavow one in acceptance of the other without examining the origin and manifestation. Rational behavior is rarely an excuse for otherwise unexplained actions.

...because ? On what portion ?

All of it. A persons history is extremely important in the hiring process. What companies choose to use/take from it, and what they disregard is the companies business, but it is all relevant.

Your off as well that medical history isnt the employers business. ACA made it the employers business, they have to provide coverage now, and in doing so, they have to know your medical history. Now maybe its indirectly knowing, but they know, they know what you are costing the company each year.

While they are two very different things, they do not exist in exclusive vacuums. In many cases, the criminal behavior and mental health manifestations are intertwined and difficult to discern between and within.

You can't disavow one in acceptance of the other without examining the origin and manifestation. Rational behavior is rarely an excuse for otherwise unexplained actions.

Fraud, theft by deception, unlawful taking, are all crimes. Its not a crime to be a nutjob.