Raiders are moving to Las Vegas

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the cities start calling the owners bluffs or just say we have bigger issues to deal with, eventually the owners won't be able to threaten a move. Oakland, like most major cities have way more issues to worry about than paying for an empty billion dollar stadium 350 days out of the year.

Miamis owner only voted no bc Vegas is the 40th largest market compared to 4th in Oakland.

If I was an owner I'd be so proud that I could build a stadium with my own cash not my fans I.e. Jerry Jones. You want to play big boy games you better bring big boy money.

Until tax paying voters say enough is enough, this cycle will be endless and always in the taxpayers and not the buisness

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the cities start calling the owners bluffs or just say we have bigger issues to deal with, eventually the owners won't be able to threaten a move. Oakland, like most major cities have way more issues to worry about than paying for an empty billion dollar stadium 350 days out of the year.

Miamis owner only voted no bc Vegas is the 40th largest market compared to 4th in Oakland.

If I was an owner I'd be so proud that I could build a stadium with my own cash not my fans I.e. Jerry Jones. You want to play big boy games you better bring big boy money.

Until tax paying voters say enough is enough, this cycle will be endless and always in the taxpayers and not the buisness

Im confused on what your actual point is here? Obviously the owners haven't been bluffing, hence the reason 3 teams have now moved in the last year.

Im confused on what your actual point is here? Obviously the owners haven't been bluffing, hence the reason 3 teams have now moved in the last year.

His point is until all cities and taxpayers stop paying for new stadiums this will never stop. There would be know way to bluff.

With LA and Vegas out of play, what city can a team use as leverage, now? San Diego, St. Louis, and Oakland have shown they will not pay for a new stadium. Could we now be at a time where movement stops?

My guess is London or Mexico City are the next potentials.

Can't wait until that's an away game for my team. There's one road trip I'll plan.

And there's (probably) the real reason that Miami voted against. They're the most popular away destination in the league.

Just an educated guess.

The next two years in Oakland will be interesting. How will the fans treat the team? Will they boo? Will they sell out? It will be fun to see...

Once they get to Vegas, it is a "cannot lose" situation for the Raiders. They could probably sell out just on the visitor's fans each week. A long weekend in Vegas to have fun and watch your team is about as good as it gets for A LOT of fans.

The next two years in Oakland will be interesting. How will the fans treat the team? Will they boo? Will they sell out? It will be fun to see...

Once they get to Vegas, it is a "cannot lose" situation for the Raiders. They could probably sell out just on the visitor's fans each week. A long weekend in Vegas to have fun and watch your team is about as good as it gets for A LOT of fans.

That's the crazy thing. They probably won't ever have a true home field advantage again. There will be so many neutral and fans from the other team at the gane.

This is a win win for all sides. If my team, the Bengals, were to move to Vegas it would be a lot easier to continue to root for them than if they went anywhere else and that is because Vegas feels more like Everybody's city. I also would have no problem flying out there to watch a game or two. Much easier to do than if they moved to LA or Baltimore or some other city that got teams to move there in the past. Vegas wins because they have a professional football team now, the NFL wins because that team should generate some serious revenue and the fans win because what better city to go and have a fun weekend at and catch a game? Win Win for everyone involved.