Jake Ohmer commits to WKU

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a fair question to ask where those coaches were.... with the amount of money spent in recruiting I find it astonishing that no program really took interest in Jake or did a cursory check to see what his numbers are about. If I'm an AD at the local schools and my program has been marginable or struggling at the gate, I have a coaching staff that has some explaining to do.

Are you talking about local college AD and coaches ?

NKU did not have a scholarship to offer.

I understand but Jake been ballin for 3 years..should've been on their radar...I'm all for kids staying close to home if possible...but hey he landed at a great spot and I wish him well.

I've stated numerous times that NKY missed out on Ohmer...so when WKU signed him once again the Norse missed out.

NKU didn't "miss out", they didn't have anything to offer except preferred walk on. You seem to want to try to blame NKU for not picking up on this kid, but you clearly have no idea how things work. This isn't a Pick Your Best Local team or a "hometown hero" team concept....you seem to let your emotions guide your lack of business sense on this.

NKU didn't "miss out", they didn't have anything to offer except preferred walk on. You seem to want to try to blame NKU for not picking up on this kid, but you clearly have no idea how things work. This isn't a Pick Your Best Local team or a "hometown hero" team concept....you seem to let your emotions guide your lack of business sense on this.

....and while everyone has been aware of his ability for years, no one was claiming that a college undeniably missed out until these last few days.

Doesnt matter what you said. What is 100% accurate is Jake came out ahead in the end. NKU's loss is WKU's gain.

Ok, it doesn't matter...I was just curious why you didn't like it. It must not have resonated with you somehow and I didn't understand.

I do not believe this is NKU's loss at all. I believe they are sufficient in the 6 ft guard range and didn't need another one.

NKY is fabulous for wanting to emotionally recruit all the local talent at the end of the season. This takes nothing at all away from Jake Ohmer, but is very telling about how locals see the NKU program, and part of the reason it's a good thing they didn't look to him.

Doesnt matter what you said. What is 100% accurate is Jake came out ahead in the end. NKU's loss is WKU's gain.

....and so goes the world of recruiting. Hundreds of colleges losses can be one schools gain. Nothing new to see to that.

Ok, it doesn't matter...I was just curious why you didn't like it. It must not have resonated with you somehow and I didn't understand.

I do not believe this is NKU's loss at all. I believe they are sufficient in the 6 ft guard range and didn't need another one.

NKY is fabulous for wanting to emotionally recruit all the local talent at the end of the season. This takes nothing at all away from Jake Ohmer, but is very telling about how locals see the NKU program, and part of the reason it's a good thing they didn't look to him.

You forgot the disclaimer that this is just your opinion and doesnt reflect that of NKU or all of its fans.

When Ohmer was a freshman NKU wasn't where the are now...they had to recruit to get better players...during that process of getting better they had to have heard of this local kid from Scott High that could play...NKU is not UK so Ohmer should've been on their watch list...Ohmer beats 2 teams in the region solo and goes on to have a historical run in the Sweet 16...you guys can use every excuse you want about scholarships etc...NKU was slipping point blank...and I'm not from NKY...I'm a guy w 2 eyes that's seen a lot of talent and if Jarrod Polson could play at UK....Jake Ohmer should've been recruited by NKU.

When Ohmer was a freshman NKU wasn't where the are now...they had to recruit to get better players...during that process of getting better they had to have heard of this local kid from Scott High that could play...NKU is not UK so Ohmer should've been on their watch list...Ohmer beats 2 teams in the region solo and goes on to have a historical run in the Sweet 16...you guys can use every excuse you want about scholarships etc...NKU was slipping point blank...and I'm not from NKY...I'm a guy w 2 eyes that's seen a lot of talent and if Jarrod Polson could play at UK....Jake Ohmer should've been recruited by NKU.

A lot of folks keep on ripping on NKU for not offering him a ride. The were 349 other D1 schools that did not offer and 282 D2 schools that did not offer either.

I think Brannen knows what he is doing. #norse up