Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jake Ohmer commits to WKU

Featured Replies

I just read this online and my opinion is the timing on this is all wrong. Not that Jake doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired someday, but it should be down the road after he has finished his playing career. I think he would appreciate it much more as an adult looking back. Just too young to appreciate this now.

 

Just saw a tweet. They retired the number.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This the one of the few high schools I've seen retire a number, not just the jersey

I just read this online and my opinion is the timing on this is all wrong. Not that Jake doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired someday, but it should be down the road after he has finished his playing career. I think he would appreciate it much more as an adult looking back. Just too young to appreciate this now.

 

So you're okay with someone else wearing the #2 at Scott going forward but let's wait 10 years and retire it? The next person wearing #2 may have a great career themselves. What do you do then? I think the timing is perfect. His accolades and what he did for the school are extraordinary and immediate retirement is warranted in this case.

So you're okay with someone else wearing the #2 at Scott going forward but let's wait 10 years and retire it? The next person wearing #2 may have a great career themselves. What do you do then? I think the timing is perfect. His accolades and what he did for the school are extraordinary and immediate retirement is warranted in this case.

 

If that is your reason, then they don't have to assign the number in the meantime.

 

Again, I think the kid would appreciate this honor much more when he isn't a kid.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.