Jake Ohmer commits to WKU

I just read this online and my opinion is the timing on this is all wrong. Not that Jake doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired someday, but it should be down the road after he has finished his playing career. I think he would appreciate it much more as an adult looking back. Just too young to appreciate this now.

Just saw a tweet. They retired the number.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read this online and my opinion is the timing on this is all wrong. Not that Jake doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired someday, but it should be down the road after he has finished his playing career. I think he would appreciate it much more as an adult looking back. Just too young to appreciate this now.

So you're okay with someone else wearing the #2 at Scott going forward but let's wait 10 years and retire it? The next person wearing #2 may have a great career themselves. What do you do then? I think the timing is perfect. His accolades and what he did for the school are extraordinary and immediate retirement is warranted in this case.

So you're okay with someone else wearing the #2 at Scott going forward but let's wait 10 years and retire it? The next person wearing #2 may have a great career themselves. What do you do then? I think the timing is perfect. His accolades and what he did for the school are extraordinary and immediate retirement is warranted in this case.

If that is your reason, then they don't have to assign the number in the meantime.

Again, I think the kid would appreciate this honor much more when he isn't a kid.