Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jake Ohmer commits to WKU

Featured Replies

You just totally contradicted yourself with post 143 and 145.

 

The point I have been trying to make is that he should have been on their radar. That is a miss. Period. If he was on their radar then he may of had a scholarship available or at least some conversations. I find it hard to believe be a coaching staff does not recognize a kid that talented 5 minutes from their campus. That's a little alarming for me regarding NKU staff

 

Does NKU have anyone committed for 2018? Weird if they do. See how that works?

This is in no way a shot at any 2018 commitment. Just sayin

 

I don't get why you are so upset. The kid is fine, WKU is fine, NKU is fine. The only one that isn't is you. Sometimes the issue is in the mirror.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get why you are so upset. The kid is fine, WKU is fine, NKU is fine. The only one that isn't is you. Sometimes the issue is in the mirror.

 

True, if anyone has a gripe wouldnt it be Cumberlands? When did he verbal to them?

True, if anyone has a gripe wouldnt it be Cumberlands? When did he verbal to them?

 

Cumberland at the state tournament

 

Game 1. Oh man we got us a steal in "the jake". I am not sure how he slipped to us.

 

Game 2: dang we got a stud in this kid.

 

Game 3: uh oh

Cumberland at the state tournament

 

Game 1. Oh man we got us a steal in "the jake". I am not sure how he slipped to us.

 

Game 2: dang we got a stud in this kid.

 

Game 3: uh oh

 

Life of a lower level program.

Cumberland at the state tournament

 

Game 1. Oh man we got us a steal in "the jake". I am not sure how he slipped to us.

 

Game 2: dang we got a stud in this kid.

 

Game 3: uh oh

 

You forgot "Come on just turn an ankle for me one time" there in the middle...

I guessed you missed the point that they had no scholarships available. The future will determine if they missed out. The same thing was said about the kid from Augusta who scored a million points in high school but plays about 10 minutes a game at Bellarmine. As was mentioned no one else was knocking his door down, so it just wasn't NKU. THis is no knock on Ohmer just a statement of fact.

 

Nice job of putting Mr. Bach down. He's doing fine. Has scored double figures in 8 games (averages more than 13 minutes a game) this season and went 3 of 6 with 7 points in just 10 minutes of action yesterday in Bellarmine's NCAA Division II quarterfinal victory. Pretty solid production I'd say.

You just totally contradicted yourself with post 143 and 145.

 

The point I have been trying to make is that he should have been on their radar. That is a miss. Period. If he was on their radar then he may of had a scholarship available or at least some conversations. I find it hard to believe be a coaching staff does not recognize a kid that talented 5 minutes from their campus. That's a little alarming for me regarding NKU staff

 

Does NKU have anyone committed for 2018? Weird if they do. See how that works?

This is in no way a shot at any 2018 commitment. Just sayin

 

My point is that if they didn't contact him earlier they apparently didn't think they wanted him. Who are you to criticize a staff that just took a team to the NCAA tournament. Their job is to be unbiased and recruit players they think will help the team. As was pointed out they are loaded with young guards and apparently felt he wouldn't fit in. You are obviously speaking with a biased opinion. You recruit for your needs. Again I trust people that do this for a living.

Nice job of putting Mr. Bach down. He's doing fine. Has scored double figures in 8 games (averages more than 13 minutes a game) this season and went 3 of 6 with 7 points in just 10 minutes of action yesterday in Bellarmine's NCAA Division II quarterfinal victory. Pretty solid production I'd say.

 

Didn't say he wasn't fine at Bellarmine. That's where he belongs. You missed my whole point. People on here were critical of NKU for not recruiting him also. The point others made then was he was a great high school player, but not a D1 player. I never saw him play, but it sure looks like they were right.

NKU didnt offer any scholarships this season?

 

They had 1. But it was for a post player. Signed Vogt. Addressed the need.

WKU picked up Jordan Brangers a JUCO transfer as well as of course Hollingsworth. Rumors are swirling around Eli Wright maybe trying to come back home. Jake is entering a crowded backcourt. No doubt he has the talent to compete, but it's going to be difficult I think for him to crack that line-up.

Scott High School retired Jake's jersey today.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61385[/ATTACH]

 

I just read this online and my opinion is the timing on this is all wrong. Not that Jake doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired someday, but it should be down the road after he has finished his playing career. I think he would appreciate it much more as an adult looking back. Just too young to appreciate this now.

I just read this online and my opinion is the timing on this is all wrong. Not that Jake doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired someday, but it should be down the road after he has finished his playing career. I think he would appreciate it much more as an adult looking back. Just too young to appreciate this now.

 

Retiring the jersey and retiring the number are 2 different things.

I just read this online and my opinion is the timing on this is all wrong. Not that Jake doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired someday, but it should be down the road after he has finished his playing career. I think he would appreciate it much more as an adult looking back. Just too young to appreciate this now.

 

I agree.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.