Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Iowa teens blasted for patriotic attire at BB Game

Featured Replies

  • Author
On a side note shouldn't the refugee be happy to see the red, white and blue? Isn't that what they came here for, too be free and able to go to school and maybe become an American?

 

No, they want our culture to adapt to them and that's exactly what is happening.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they want our culture to adapt to them and that's exactly what is happening.

 

Are you saying some of the refugees want to destroy the American way of life? And are you insinuating that some American citizens are supporting this? Just want to get this clear.

I'm trying to understand here...How is it okay for this team to do a USA themed game, but when a team does it for a game against them, it's offensive?

 

 

@Science Friction, @PurplePride92, anyone?

None of us know the intentions of either school having their patriotic theme day. However, I think any true American patriot would be offended if someone or some group tries with ill intent or even hatred to use our flag as a tool of that hatred. Not that anyone in America dislikes refugees or immigrants, of course.

 

On a related note, I hope no one is upset when I wear a shirt with the Irish flag on Friday. After having my DNA tested last year, I found out that I am 25% Irish and now St. Patrick's Day means a little more to me. Likewise, I hope that no one is upset when I wear a shirt with a Mexican Flag on Cinco de Mayo.

 

Now I just need days and shirts to celebrate my Greek, Native American, Italian and African heritage, too.

  • Author
Are you saying some of the refugees want to destroy the American way of life? And are you insinuating that some American citizens are supporting this? Just want to get this clear.

 

Yes and unfortunately yes.

Interesting indeed, but not surprising, in the least.

 

Nor am I surprised at your misunderstanding the response. Typical of you.

None of us know the intentions of either school having their patriotic theme day. However, I think any true American patriot would be offended if someone or some group tries with ill intent or even hatred to use our flag as a tool of that hatred. Not that anyone in America dislikes refugees or immigrants, of course.

 

On a related note, I hope no one is upset when I wear a shirt with the Irish flag on Friday. After having my DNA tested last year, I found out that I am 25% Irish and now St. Patrick's Day means a little more to me. Likewise, I hope that no one is upset when I wear a shirt with a Mexican Flag on Cinco de Mayo.

 

Now I just need days and shirts to celebrate my Greek, Native American, Italian and African heritage, too.

It just occurred to me...beware the Ides of March!

The student section of Pikeville chanted USA to Perry County Central student athletes Prince Anosike and Idris Akinyemi when they shot free throws here at the Sweet 16 today. They didn't chant anything when Damon Tobler or Richard Cornett shot free throws.

 

Patriotism?

The student section of Pikeville chanted USA to Perry County Central student athletes Prince Anosike and Idris Akinyemi when they shot free throws here at the Sweet 16 today. They didn't chant anything when Damon Tobler or Richard Cornett shot free throws.

 

Patriotism?

 

Nope. They are a group that makes the point that far too often patriotism or nationalism is being used today to disguise hate/racism/bigotry/etc.

Nope. They are a group that makes the point that far too often patriotism or nationalism is being used today to disguise hate/racism/bigotry/etc.

 

Agreed. However according to most in this thread it is fine as long as the theme is USA.

None of us know the intentions of either school having their patriotic theme day. However, I think any true American patriot would be offended if someone or some group tries with ill intent or even hatred to use our flag as a tool of that hatred. Not that anyone in America dislikes refugees or immigrants, of course.

 

On a related note, I hope no one is upset when I wear a shirt with the Irish flag on Friday. After having my DNA tested last year, I found out that I am 25% Irish and now St. Patrick's Day means a little more to me. Likewise, I hope that no one is upset when I wear a shirt with a Mexican Flag on Cinco de Mayo.

 

Now I just need days and shirts to celebrate my Greek, Native American, Italian and African heritage, too.

 

Nobody should say a word about your Irish shirt and I bet nobody will. The issue at hand is asking Americans to suppress their patriotism of America.

Nobody should say a word about your Irish shirt and I bet nobody will. The issue at hand is asking Americans to suppress their patriotism of America.

 

Exactly. Missing the point.

Nobody should say a word about your Irish shirt and I bet nobody will. The issue at hand is asking Americans to suppress their patriotism of America.

No, it's not. The issue at hand is can hatred be veiled as patriotism. I believe that sometimes it is.

 

You said that you didn't think anyone would say anything about my Irish flag shirt. Do you feel the same way about my Cinco de Mayo shirt?

No, it's not. The issue at hand is can hatred be veiled as patriotism. I believe that sometimes it is.

 

You said that you didn't think anyone would say anything about my Irish flag shirt. Do you feel the same way about my Cinco de Mayo shirt?

 

And hatred can also be veiled as political correctness. I believe that sometimes it is.

So diverse kids aren't proud to be patriotic to America?

 

If there not then they don't need to be here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.