Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Iowa teens blasted for patriotic attire at BB Game

Featured Replies

  • Author
Only in America can you be ridiculed for supporting your country

 

And to beat all its ridiculed by another team that is full of Americans, at least I think they are supposed to be or should be.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me as one who thinks a school should NEVER be apologetic about having a "patriotic" night and wearing the respective colors. Wow.

 

So, should we be upset when Team USA men's soccer goes to Mexico for a friendly against the Mexican national team and all the fans show up in Mexican colors? According to some on here, sounds like we should be.

 

If this country were going thru some sort of civil strife, enough so that I needed to flee the country, and some country...lets say France, offered me asylum and took me in, fed me, found me a place to live and work, I would DRAPE myself in the French colors and extol the virtues of that country. I guess some people just aren't that appreciative.

I wish I could be surprised at how so many of you miss the point but I'm not. Not surprised one bit.

This sums up this country in 2017.

 

Yep. It is in shambles. Jesse was right again.

So can we assume Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor day just got canceled?

BTW this just adds more fuel to my point that this country is already fighting in a civil war with itself.

I wish I could be surprised at how so many of you miss the point but I'm not. Not surprised one bit.

 

Is it ever appropriate for a school to have Patriot Day as a theme for a game? If yes, when would it be appropriate and what should the school do before allowing it?

 

I think I get where you're coming from but I'm curious about your answers to the above. I am looking at the individual facts presented in this situation when I say I think it was okay for the school to do it.

  • Author
BTW this just adds more fuel to my point that this country is already fighting in a civil war with itself.

 

I think its more of a cultural war or political correctness war. Either way its never going to be won or over.

Yep. It is in shambles. Jesse was right again.

 

I know you are kidding my friend, but we as a nation are screwed up in many different ways. Of which alot I agree with you on, and some I dont. But you are a good man and I am proud to call you my friend.

 

But its really messed up. :laugh:

Only in America can you be ridiculed for supporting your country

 

Destroyed from within.

  • Author
Destroyed from within.

 

Which is fine with some. How they can see it that way is beyond me.

Is it ever appropriate for a school to have Patriot Day as a theme for a game? If yes, when would it be appropriate and what should the school do before allowing it?

 

I think I get where you're coming from but I'm curious about your answers to the above. I am looking at the individual facts presented in this situation when I say I think it was okay for the school to do it.

 

Of course it is appropriate to have a Patriot Day as a theme for a game. I do think all themes are stupid(Disney, pajamas, camo, etc.) because 9 times out of 10 they have zero to do with the game or school spirit. That has zero to do with my point. Not a single one of us was at that game. No one here knows the context of the U-S-A chant. We only know the headlines which makes the claim that people from the opposing team were upset with the theme. We don't know how true that claim is or if anything was said. I've outlined possible scenarios that could have taken place. I've described scenarios that have taken place in which student sections chanted U-S-A at Latino kids and refugees every time they touched the ball or when they shot free throws and the majority in this thread call it patriotism when that takes place.

 

Lesson learned.

 

Peace.

I know you are kidding my friend, but we as a nation are screwed up in many different ways. Of which alot I agree with you on, and some I dont. But you are a good man and I am proud to call you my friend.

 

But its really messed up. :laugh:

 

The feeling is mutual, Jesse! :thumb:

****REALLY HEAVY SIGH****

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.