Iowa teens blasted for patriotic attire at BB Game

jericho

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It's kids doing their student section thing. Was it racist when the offended school had their own USA Patriotic night?

It's just easier to throw the racism card around though.

Actually we don't know what their intentions were. But someone saying "here comes the racism card" doesn't automatically make it non-racist. Sometimes what could be racism IS racism.

Actually we don't know what their intentions were. But someone saying "here comes the racism card" doesn't automatically make it non-racist. Sometimes what could be racism IS racism.

Like I said, some just get up every morning looking to be offended by anything.

I was in a student section multiple times against Morgan County. They had consecutive years of getting foreign exchange students that played for them. Everytime we played them? Patriotic theme.

Obviously I'm not proud of it now but this wasn't just a coincidence I guarantee it.

Like I said, some just get up every morning looking to be offended by anything.

Seems like that includes yourself. You make absolute statements such as "no, it's not racism" when you have no more knowledge of the situation than those you wail against.

Maybe it's not racism. Maybe it is. Just like me, you don't know.

I was in a student section multiple times against Morgan County. They had consecutive years of getting foreign exchange students that played for them. Everytime we played them? Patriotic theme.

Obviously I'm not proud of it now but this wasn't just a coincidence I guarantee it.

We all get caught up in things sometimes and make bad decisions, especially as kids. :thumb:

Seems like that includes yourself. You make absolute statements such as "no, it's not racism" when you have no more knowledge of the situation than those you wail against.

Maybe it's not racism. Maybe it is. Just like me, you don't know.

That's funny. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Any day I wake up is a great day. Life is too short to be running around looking to be offended by anything and everything. It takes a great deal to offend me.

Any day I wake up is a great day. Life is too short to be running around looking to be offended by anything and everything. It takes a great deal to offend me.

That is an awesome privilege to have. I'm low key jealous.

Yet you so easy "see" others that are supposedly offended...and call out others for "playing the race card."

It does, at least, distract from my original post. Neither of us know the intentions of the students in this case.

Yet you so easy "see" others that are supposedly offended...and call out others for "playing the race card."

It does, at least, distract from my original post. Neither of us know the intentions of the students in this case.

Just call em the way I see em.

That is an awesome privilege to have. I'm low key jealous.

It's no privilege, as you call it.

It's each person's choice as to how they are going to approach life, either positively or negatively. I choose to be positive, most of the time. We all have our days though. :thumb:

It's no privilege, as you call it.

It's each person's choice as to how they are going to approach life, either positively or negatively. I choose to be positive, most of the time. We all have our days though. :thumb:

Oh, it's a privilege for sure. I choose to be positive and optimistic every day of my life. I am an eternal optimistic. I'm not naive, deaf or blind either. The young folks call it being "woke" these days.