Iowa teens blasted for patriotic attire at BB Game

jericho

Scream, jump up and down, yell "MISS" to impact the game. That's not what was happening here. This was one school trying to make a statement about the other. Big difference IMO. It's like when CCH used to allow their student body to wear business suits when they played Holmes. Had nothing to do with the game itself. Neither did this.

I don't have a problem with the Business suits. Although CCH student section had a very racial theme one year in the 90s that crossed a line and ended in fights outside.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some do it around 9/11 or other holidays...but look at my other post...this school does it also...FAKE OUTRAGE!!!

You didn't answer my question. How did this particular school get selected for the the theme?

Why should it matter what school, aren't they all Americans?

If I were your teacher and you gave me that response I'd challenge you to go a little deeper below a non-thinking response. So, go deeper. Every school has Americans. Why did they pick THIS one?

Some do it around 9/11 or other holidays...but look at my other post...this school does it also...FAKE OUTRAGE!!!

It seems like you're confusing the issue. No one is saying being pro-American is wrong. Has nothing do with the flag, the Constitution, the military, a particular political party. None of that.

It seems like you're confusing the issue. No one is saying being pro-American is wrong. Has nothing do with the flag, the Constitution, the military, a particular political party. None of that.

It seems you are being obtuse to the fact that if this was so offensive, then why was there no outrage when this schools own student section did the same theme night. If American clothing and flags are offensive why are they allowed to be on the football teams twitter page as the page background. Seems to me as if the original complainant is looking to be offended, when to be so, is hypocritical at the least. Maybe the offended Assistant Coach didn't pay attention to his home student section when they "USA'd Out" a few weeks ago.

Of course this was intended to mock the opponent. I have no problem with that. They're the opponent and that's what you're supposed to do. However, by that same token the students can't be surprised that people then felt offended by it and they have to be able to deal with that backlash.

Of course this was intended to mock the opponent. I have no problem with that. They're the opponent and that's what you're supposed to do. However, by that same token the students can't be surprised that people then felt offended by it and they have to be able to deal with that backlash.

Why were they offended, their own school had the same night earlier and no one seemingly said anything.

Why were they offended, their own school had the same night earlier and no one seemingly said anything.

Well this was pretty clearly targeted at particular school for a particular reason. As a former member of one of the more enthusiastic (perhaps obnoxious depending on your perspective) student sections I can tell you that a good number of our themes were specific for the school we were playing. And we could always count on the handful of people that showed up on the other side line to be swinging their soap on a rope right back at us (that one never got old). That's what student sections do and that's okay.