Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Iowa teens blasted for patriotic attire at BB Game

Featured Replies

  • Replies 127
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I could be surprised at how so many of you miss the point but I'm not. Not surprised one bit.

 

 

I would be surprised if the point was NOT missed.

I'm trying to understand here...How is it okay for this team to do a USA themed game, but when a team does it for a game against them, it's offensive?

 

 

@Science Friction, @PurplePride92, anyone?

 

I'm personally not big on the silly patriotic -themed events but if schools want to do them that's fine. However, if they are used by anyone to demean or belittle those of another race, religion, or socioeconomic class then I think that's wrong. I don't know if that was the case here but I'm sure that has been done many times across our great land. I am going to defer to PP92 on this one. He was the one making the point(a very salient point, I believe) and is much more qualified to pontificate on the subject than I am. Thanks for asking the question.

I'm personally not big on the silly patriotic -themed events but if schools want to do them that's fine. However, if they are used by anyone to demean or belittle those of another race, religion, or socioeconomic class then I think that's wrong. I don't know if that was the case here but I'm sure that has been done many times across our great land. I am going to defer to PP92 on this one. he was the one making the point and is much more qualified to pontificate on the subject than I am. Thanks for asking the question.

 

I agree with the bolded. However, as you said, we don't know that they did that here. For all we know they very well could've simply worn USA clothes and chanted USA throughout the game.

Everyone is offended by everything.

I'm trying to understand here...How is it okay for this team to do a USA themed game, but when a team does it for a game against them, it's offensive?

 

 

@Science Friction, @PurplePride92, anyone?

 

Dead end conversation. Don't mention me anymore.

Dead end conversation. Don't mention me anymore.

 

Alright then. So much for having a discussion. I'm willing to listen and understand all sides of it, and I'd think you'd know that by now, but not sure how I'm supposed to do that if you aren't willing to have the discussion.

Alright then. So much for having a discussion. I'm willing to listen and understand all sides of it, and I'd think you'd know that by now, but not sure how I'm supposed to do that if you aren't willing to have the discussion.

 

Go back and read all of my posts. I've explained the point I was trying to make twice. Or don't. No one cares about a true discussion anyways. I knew I never should have responded but like a dummy I did. Forget I said anything. Forget the discussion. There isn't a discussion. God Bless the USA.

Go back and read all of my posts. I've explained the point I was trying to make twice. Or don't. No one cares about a true discussion anyways. I knew I never should have responded but like a dummy I did. Forget I said anything. Forget the discussion. There isn't a discussion. God Bless the USA.

 

I'll absolutely go back and read what you've posted. I actually do want a real discussion.

 

If you don't that's cool.

 

I apologize for asking a question. I won't make that mistake again with you.

I'll absolutely go back and read what you've posted. I actually do want a real discussion.

 

If you don't that's cool.

 

I apologize for asking a question. I won't make that mistake again with you.

 

Good. Your apology is accepted.

Hard for me to take the offended school seriously when they themselves have their own USA/Patriotic theme for a game. Why are they allowed to do it to other teams, but when it's done against them, it's offensive?

 

This...hate to see how the "offended" handle white out, black out themes!

 

People who look to be offended, get offended! I am amazed by the levels of sensitivity we've reached. Not sure many would be able to survive the brutality of the 70s-80s...!

What caused the sensitivity outrage that has exponentially grown in the last 5 or so years?

Cool. Holmes is about 40% black. About 60% qualify for reduced lunch.

 

So the business suits had a message behind them.

 

Certain Boone county schools are doing free lunches for everyone now aren't they? I've heard Florence elementary is, so we shouldn't just single Holmes out.

On a side note shouldn't the refugee be happy to see the red, white and blue? Isn't that what they came here for, too be free and able to go to school and maybe become an American?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.