Should ESPN have fired this announcer for saying guerilla in tennis match?

jericho

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be curious to hear the original audio. If he said "go-rilla" instead of "ger-illa" then it's an easier claim to substantiate for ESPN. If not then...

I say them the same. I tried saying it different but couldnt. I think unless I went out of my way to say GO RILLA it would be the same.

Clyde surely can't be serious. If Clyde is, then Clyde is part of the crazy political correctness agenda. I'd bet 90% of people who were "offended" only saw this on the news and not live. Also bet those same people have zero idea this is common terminology in tennis. Did Williams make a public announcement denouncing this broadcaster!

Apparently CNN just posted an article about a campaign going on in France to elect President Obama as President over there....They referred to the campaign as a "guerrilla campaign".

ESPN is toast here and I love it. I hope he takes them for every last penny he can suck out of them.

Here was an article in a paper and see how the media is so stupid.

Broadcaster under fire after likening Venus Williams to a ‘gorilla’ during Australian Open match

Read more: Broadcaster likens Venus Williams to a 'gorilla' during Australian Open match | Metro News

The media is a joke today. When I was young, newspeople reported the news, and were well respected. Today, the competition for news is so great and there are so many "news people" out there, it is all about sensationalism and little about facts. I also think the average IQ among them has dropped.

This man meant no disrespect and had no racial intent. ESPN overreacted.

Clyde surely can't be serious. If Clyde is, then Clyde is part of the crazy political correctness agenda. I'd bet 90% of people who were "offended" only saw this on the news and not live. Also bet those same people have zero idea this is common terminology in tennis. Did Williams make a public announcement denouncing this broadcaster!

My comment had nothing to do with PC. I'm not defending anyone. I'm saying that when I say "guerilla" and I say "gorilla" I often say it slightly differently. If you don't, cool. If you made me guess I'd say the guy was 100% innocent in his comment.