John Lewis

All Tell

I've never said it doesn't. I cringe everytime I hear about another Tweet. Does it apply to Lewis as well?

Yes but Lewis is not the POTUS. At some point he needs to act presidential. He's going to continue to be criticized by half of the country. His childish responses to his criticism could eventually be his undoing. This is not how a leader should be acting. Seriously, can you imagine the goodwill if he had chosen to say something like "I hate that John Lewis feels this way but in an effort to make America great again I will be coming to visit John Lewis so we can figure out how to make District 5 great again." That's all he had to say. He didn't even have to elaborate. Just say that. And then if he is serious about fixing the inner cities he follows through with his words.

Why is this so hard?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trump should cool it with twitter. The election is over and he is being sworn in as POTUS Friday. He doesn't have to broadcast his feelings to the world or comment on every accusation or put down that is mentioned. Most of them are poised to bait him in to begin with and he's taking the bait and running with it.

But if he is determined to respond to every remark made about him on twitter then he should do it in a way that doesn't make him appear to be so thin skinned.

For instance, "Myrtle Streep is a great actress and has accomplished much in her chosen career, but I don't agree with what she said at the awards show. However, her 1st Amendment rights give her the same rights as they do me to express my opinions. That's why this is a great nation....and it's soon going to be even greater!"

See. He sounded presidential, gave a little history, and finished it off with a sentence referring back to his campaign slogan. The last sentence might even bring a laugh from both sides of the debate.

He could have handle his tweet with John Lewis in a similar manner.

It's not about being politically correct, which I realize Trump hates. It's about being presidential.

But what worries me more about his tweets is his off the cuff remarks about foreign policy. He shouldn't handle touchy international issues through social media. Someone in his inner circle is going to have to have a long talk with him. Now that he's president he's going to need to learn how to be president.

His best option is to stop or drastically slow down on the tweets. And if he does tweet think for a few minutes before he presses the post button. Or best, asks some of these smart people he says he's surrounded himself with to read his tweet and give him a thumbs up or thumbs down. He can't be a one man show. He's going to have a team and he needs to listen to them and not act like he is King and they are his court.

30 years in the house. Time for a change. Exactly why politicians need refreshed. The long term guys get so stuck in the ideology and party politics that they become a disservice to the american people. Not because of trump am I saying this, because he is an example of why their should be term limits. Lots of people need to go, lots.

So you really think that Lewis' criticism is based merely on Trump's party affiliation?

Other than that absolutely no other legitimate concerns?

Psst... remove those distorted vision glasses that you're wearing for a brief second and I guarantee that a little bit of reality will come shining brightly through.

You don't have to agree with him, but you're obviously ignoring what his beef is all about.

Without a doubt. Absolutely. 100%. If Trump was a Dem, he would not EVEN THINK about boycotting the inauguration.

Without a doubt. Absolutely. 100%. If Trump was a Dem, he would not EVEN THINK about boycotting the inauguration.

Under that hypothetical if Trump had run as a Dem he wouldn't have won because folks on the left would not have embraced him for obvious reasons, and Lewis would not have supported him for the same reasons he doesn't support him now. His reservations about him are not merely based on party affiliation, but the character of a psychologically deranged polarizing megalomaniac holding the highest office in the land.

Under that hypothetical if Trump had run as a Dem he wouldn't have won because folks on the left would not have embraced him for obvious reasons, and Lewis would not have supported him for the same reasons he doesn't support him now. His reservations about him are not merely based on party affiliation, but the character of a psychologically deranged polarizing megalomaniac holding the highest office in the land.

I disagree, I believe ( my opinion ) that it's totally party based.

Ouch.

Just curious but what has Lewis done for black America in recent years.

He doesn't have to do anything for black America. He's a civil rights icon whose place in history will never be forgotten. He laid his life on the line. He doesn't have to do anything else. Him serving as a congressman is going above and beyond.