John Lewis

All Tell

That's you. Have you been paying attention to this thread and what Trump supporters all across America are saying about John Lewis and his horrible District 5 because of 140 characters from the incoming POTUS?????

No one defines me but me. I don't do group think or mentality.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you blame the federal government and at the same time want the federal government to fix your problems ? You do see the problem with this mindset ?

I agree with you the Federal Government is the problem that is why I don't get why you get upset with my opinions. Our differences isn't defining the problem , it's the solution. I think less government brings less corruption , but you want more of the same corruption.

The federal government of 2017 doesn't have to be the federal government of 1965. Do you see the problem with that mindset?

Better yet, screw that mindset. How do you propose fixing schools in the inner cities all across America? How do you propose bringing jobs to the inner cities of America? How do you propose getting rid of drugs in the inner cities of America? How can the inner cities be fixed without federal government involvement? IMO it isn't possible. The federal government created these problems. The federal government needs to fix it. Just like they are doing with the ACA, right? Priorities.

I get upset with your opinions because you are smarter than the average bear and I don't feel like I should have to explain to you the ills of our inner cities.

The federal government of 2017 doesn't have to be the federal government of 1965. Do you see the problem with that mindset?

Better yet, screw that mindset. How do you propose fixing schools in the inner cities all across America? How do you propose bringing jobs to the inner cities of America? How do you propose getting rid of drugs in the inner cities of America? How can the inner cities be fixed without federal government involvement? IMO it isn't possible. The federal government created these problems. The federal government needs to fix it. Just like they are doing with the ACA, right? Priorities.

I get upset with your opinions because you are smarter than the average bear and I don't feel like I should have to explain to you the ills of our inner cities.

You don't have to explain to me the ills of the inner city. I've lived in Urban enviroments my entire life. We just differ on solutions. It was probably 18 months ago we had a multi page thread on my opinion and I repeat it often. I think it's a socioeconomic problem and those problems are not solved by government control but government creating a free enviroment to succeed. It's very hard with a the red tape and political hacks to depend on the federal government to be our solution maker. All we can ask is they create enviroment that leaves us to our own ability to succeed.

It's why on this very site I've backed bills sponsored by Rand Paul and Corey Booker on Social Justice reform . I also believe the aformentioned John Lewis supported. It's why when you mention drugs in the inner city I support legalized drugs to eliminate the criminal eliminate of the drug trade. All solutions of less government not more.

But then how do we fix schools ? This is where we will never agree on the solution but we will agree it's the key. Jobs will never come without it. I just feel the local communties have better solutions than Washington hacks , and I believe parents deserve choices, and I don't believe in a one size fits all education model.

Jobs well jobs is the most difficult discussion. As long as there is the violence and poor education it's hard to get to a solution. Then whether rightly or wrongly when we have these riots in inner cities you aren't going to have businesses racing to move in.

I have a lot more thoughts but they are probably repetitive to some of you and it is late.

You don't have to explain to me the ills of the inner city. I've lived in Urban enviroments my entire life. We just differ on solutions. It was probably 18 months ago we had a multi page thread on my opinion and I repeat it often. I think it's a socioeconomic problem and those problems are not solved by government control but government creating a free enviroment to succeed. It's very hard with a the red tape and political hacks to depend on the federal government to be our solution maker. All we can ask is they create enviroment that leaves us to our own ability to succeed.

It's why on this very site I've backed bills sponsored by Rand Paul and Corey Booker on Social Justice reform . I also believe the aformentioned John Lewis supported. It's why when you mention drugs in the inner city I support legalized drugs to eliminate the criminal eliminate of the drug trade. All solutions of less government not more.

But then how do we fix schools ? This is where we will never agree on the solution but we will agree it's the key. Jobs will never come without it. I just feel the local communties have better solutions than Washington hacks , and I believe parents deserve choices, and I don't believe in a one size fits all education model.

Jobs well jobs is the most difficult discussion. As long as there is the violence and poor education it's hard to get to a solution. Then whether rightly or wrongly when we have these riots in inner cities you aren't going to have businesses racing to move in.

I have a lot more thoughts but they are probably repetitive to some of you and it is late.

It all starts with the schools. Once the schools are fixed it will become much easier to fix everything else. A trickle down effect. How to fix them? I have no idea immediately but continuing to ignore them isn't going to solve anything either.

I do think legalizing drugs is also the way to go.

Good night. I'm on midnight shift through this week but I am off tonight. I'll probably be up a few more hours.

It all starts with the schools. Once the schools are fixed it will become much easier to fix everything else. A trickle down effect. How to fix them? I have no idea immediately but continuing to ignore them isn't going to solve anything either.

I do think legalizing drugs is also the way to go.

Good night. I'm on midnight shift through this week but I am off tonight. I'll probably be up a few more hours.

I'm telling you we agree on alot more than maybe even you think we both just have the personality where we don't sugar coat or tippy toe.

On the drug issue the model exisits with prohibition those on the right just don't want to see it because they don't consume the product.

It's simple economics you take the main revenue stream from a business it will be weaker or maybe even go out of business. In this case street gangs survive on drugs.

I'm telling you we agree on alot more than maybe even you think we both just have the personality where we don't sugar coat or tippy toe.

On the drug issue the model exisits with prohibition those on the right just don't want to see it because they don't consume the product.

It's simple economics you take the main revenue stream from a business it will be weaker or maybe even go out of business. In this case street gangs survive on drugs.

I know we agree on quite a bit. No argument there.

I still think there is way too much money involved in the illegal drug trade for them to ever become legal. Drugs are legalized and then we lose the DEA and we won't need nearly as many cops nationally, statewide and locally. Illegal drugs being made legal would disrupt our economy and the federal government knows this. I don't think they will be made legal until the millennials take over. As much as people hate on the millennials one thing is for sure about them is that they will not make the same mistakes generations before us have.