John Lewis

All Tell

Did John Lewis lie in his attack on the legitimacy of Trump's election?

He said he had never missed an inauguration since his first election but apparently in 2001 he was absent.

Does his status as a civil rights warrior give him a pass on telling the truth?

Does he consider Hillary's nomination illegitimate since the DNC actively sabotaged Sanders' candidacy?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So no one recall's the suspicious Jeb Bush's Florida hanging chad debacle, and that the overseers of the recount had a certain interest in making sure it came out favorably for them, keeping us forever questioning its true integrity and legitimacy?

Just like no one from your side remembers that after all was said and done the vote totals favored Bush.

Doesn't matter. Old news; move on.

You're the one who brought up Lewis missing Bush's inauguration so I just thought I'd remind people the circumstances of why.

Jeb is only George's brother so I can't imagine why anyone would question the integrity of the recount. :idunno:

Sweep it under the rug, doesnt' matter. Old news; move on.

I though Bush cheated. Im a republican and voted for Gore. I still say Bush cheated.

But I didnt cry and have to have play dough to get over it, I didnt boycott the Inauguration, I didn't plot sabotage. I went on with life as the next day.

Im also not a politician and SHAME on any politician that keeps whining about this. MOVE ON and try to help, dont criticize because he isnt of a certain party.

Interesting fact....I'd never heard of John Lewis until this thread.

Probably says more about me than him, but nevertheless....

You are right, it does. Those of us who lived through those days know who he is. I don't think most people have any idea how things were. I think most people look at the civil rights era in much the same way they view WWII - just something in a history book. I grew up in a lily white suburb, but the nuns made sure we were well informed of what was going on, even if there was no chance we could really understand it. They painted civil rights as the moral imperative that it was and is. The priests took the same attitude.