John Lewis

All Tell

Interesting fact....I'd never heard of John Lewis until this thread.

Probably says more about me than him, but nevertheless....

I was about to post that I never heard of John Lewis until I saw a bunch of people upset about Trump's response to him. Funny was also going to add:

Probably says more about me than it does John Lewis.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are right, it does. Those of us who lived through those days know who he is. I don't think most people have any idea how things were. I think most people look at the civil rights era in much the same way they view WWII - just something in a history book. I grew up in a lily white suburb, but the nuns made sure we were well informed of what was going on, even if there was no chance we could really understand it. They painted civil rights as the moral imperative that it was and is. The priests took the same attitude.
I could see how if you lived around that time one would know who he is, but it is certainly understandable for most not to know if you were born after a certain date.

I though Bush cheated. Im a republican and voted for Gore. I still say Bush cheated.

But I didnt cry and have to have play dough to get over it, I didnt boycott the Inauguration, I didn't plot sabotage. I went on with life as the next day.

Im also not a politician and SHAME on any politician that keeps whining about this. MOVE ON and try to help, dont criticize because he isnt of a certain party.

So you really think that Lewis' criticism is based merely on Trump's party affiliation?

Other than that absolutely no other legitimate concerns?

Psst... remove those distorted vision glasses that you're wearing for a brief second and I guarantee that a little bit of reality will come shining brightly through.

You don't have to agree with him, but you're obviously ignoring what his beef is all about.

I though Bush cheated. Im a republican and voted for Gore. I still say Bush cheated.

But I didnt cry and have to have play dough to get over it, I didnt boycott the Inauguration, I didn't plot sabotage. I went on with life as the next day.

Im also not a politician and SHAME on any politician that keeps whining about this. MOVE ON and try to help, dont criticize because he isnt of a certain party.

So were you cool with the Republican congress making a pact to block anything that Obama tried to pass even before they even knew what that might be?

Was that moving on and trying to help?

So were you cool with the Republican congress making a pact to block anything that Obama tried to pass even before they even knew what that might be?

Didnt Obama control both Houses when he took over?

If Obama wanted something and Rep blocked it just because, then yeah, its stupid.

but Dems also rammed Obama care down our throats too.

You are right, it does. Those of us who lived through those days know who he is. I don't think most people have any idea how things were. I think most people look at the civil rights era in much the same way they view WWII - just something in a history book. I grew up in a lily white suburb, but the nuns made sure we were well informed of what was going on, even if there was no chance we could really understand it. They painted civil rights as the moral imperative that it was and is. The priests took the same attitude.

You're not the only person who remembers that time. I lived in the west end until 1967. I admire what people like John Lewis did but what he did doesn't make him immune to criticism now.

So you really think that Lewis' criticism is based merely on Trump's party affiliation?

Other than that absolutely no other legitimate concerns?

Psst... remove those distorted vision glasses that you're wearing for a brief second and I guarantee that a little bit of reality will come shining brightly through.

You don't have to agree with him, but you're obviously ignoring what his beef is all about.

I didnt hear Lewis complaining about what Hillary and her cronies were doing to get elected. Paying protesters and trying to steal the election. If and what the Russians showed wasnt some made up story. The Dems are responsible for what was said.

Im thankful for being allowed to see how dirty the Dems really were and how cut throat they are.

So now you're good with retribution?

When does it end?

I do find it interesting that John Lewis is being drug through the mud for taking and voicing an opinion shared by millions. If MLK were alive he'd be saying the same things. Sadly enough he was assasinated so folks get to share the "good memories" of MLK. Ironic this all went down this last weekend.

I do find it interesting that John Lewis is being drug through the mud for taking and voicing an opinion shared by millions. If MLK were alive he'd be saying the same things. Sadly enough he was assasinated so folks get to share the "good memories" of MLK. Ironic this all went down this last weekend.

MLK III said Lewis should try to work with Trump.

If Trump should respect the dignity of his office and refrain from saying what millions of people think shouldn't the same hold true for Lewis?

MLK III said Lewis should try to work with Trump.

If Trump should respect the dignity of his office and refrain from saying what millions of people think shouldn't the same hold true for Lewis?

And MLK's daughter said God will lead is through Trump and to trust in prayer.

MLK III also said that public pressure needs to be applied to Trump at all times in order to hold him accountable for his words.

To your last point the consensus used to be that Obama as the POTUS means he is held to a higher standard and he needs to watch what he says. Why the hell does that not apply to Trump also?

Alveda C. King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and a pro-life leader (she serves as director of Civil Rights for the Unborn, the African-American outreach for Priests for Life, and Gospel of Life Ministries), if she hopes Mr. Trump will be a pro-life president.

Evangelist King graciously responded as follows:

I pray that all polar opposites learn to Agape Love, live and work together as brothers and sisters—or perish as fools. While I voted for Mr. Trump, my confidence remains in God, for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Prayers for President-elect Trump, Congressman Lewis, and everyone including leaders.

Obviously, Evangelist King believes that Mr. Trump will be a legitimate president.

Read more: Blog: MLK’s niece: I voted for Trump

Follow us: @americanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

I do think Lewis should work with Trump but Trump not only needs to be the initiator of this contact but he needs to be relentless to get it done. John Lewis is the old man we all know who says whatever he wants and folks just let him rant because he is older and still respected. John Lewis' respect level is at one of the higher levels because of his past. This is a perfect opportunity for Trump to gain a ton of favor nationwide by treating a respected icon with the respect he deserves and then helping him fix his horrible District 5. It was a slam dunk for Trump but his thin skin won't allow him to be the bigger man.

That's our POTUS.

And MLK's daughter said God will lead is through Trump and to trust in prayer.

MLK III also said that public pressure needs to be applied to Trump at all times in order to hold him accountable for his words.

To your last point the consensus used to be that Obama as the POTUS means he is held to a higher standard and he needs to watch what he says. Why the hell does that not apply to Trump also?

I've never said it doesn't. I cringe everytime I hear about another Tweet. Does it apply to Lewis as well?