Cooper 55 Highlands 45

Jags seemed a little out of sorts at times, the defense was the one thing that was on point. They had very balanced scoring in this one, I'm guessing there were a handful of players with 8-12 points.

Finrock led the Birds, believe he finished with 16. I think Huber was about the only other player that helped offensively, probably had 8-10 points.

I noticed that Brent Angel was on the bench but not dressed. If he is able to get on the court, he could provide some needed size, and help.

Cooper (10-3)–Hendrix 5 0 10, Kunkel 4 0 8, T. Ollier 3 1 9, Runion 1 1 3, Walters 5 2 12, Walters 1 0 3, Wasser 4 0 8. Totals: 24 4 55.

Highlands (5-9)–Posey 1 0 2, Lafrange 1 0 3, Pfirem 0 1 1, Race 1 0 2, Huber 3 2 8, Noe 1 0 3, Finfrock 6 4 18, Sisten 1 2 4, Schoellman 2 0 6. Totals: 16 10 45.

Halftime: C 32-21. 3-pointers: C 3 (T. Ollier 2, Walters); H 6 (Finfrock 2, Schoellman 2, Lafrange, Noe).

I was at this game... didn't see Finfrock hit one 3 pointer, much less 2. He did play very strong inside, and was clearly the "go to" guy for Highlands.

Traylor played, but only shot a handful of 3s. I'm sure Cooper knew what he was capable of, shooting the 3 at over 50%, woww!

Posey seemed to get a little rattled in this one. He wasn't really getting the calls, and Cooper plays really good, physical defense. Tough kid, but not his game.

Cooper extended the lead at one point to 15-17 points, but Highlands went on a little run. I would tend to agree it was not as competitive as the final score indicated, but Highlands plays hard, and together. Kunkel and Hendrix were rarely even on the floor together, because of early foul trouble and a late lead.

3 things: Listerman seemed very well-prepared, as did his squad. You could hear, and see that they understood what Cooper was trying to do on offense.

Second, the big boy for Cooper was a beast inside, with rebounds, stick backs, and clogging the lane.

Third, Hendrix is much better than he gets credit for. He is a leader by example on that team. Very good defensively, plays hard, and can finish at the rim. Really like his game!

I was at this game... didn't see Finfrock hit one 3 pointer, much less 2. He did play very strong inside, and was clearly the "go to" guy for Highlands.

Traylor played, but only shot a handful of 3s. I'm sure Cooper knew what he was capable of, shooting the 3 at over 50%, woww!

Posey seemed to get a little rattled in this one. He wasn't really getting the calls, and Cooper plays really good, physical defense. Tough kid, but not his game.

Cooper extended the lead at one point to 15-17 points, but Highlands went on a little run. I would tend to agree it was not as competitive as the final score indicated, but Highlands plays hard, and together. Kunkel and Hendrix were rarely even on the floor together, because of early foul trouble and a late lead.

3 things: Listerman seemed very well-prepared, as did his squad. You could hear, and see that they understood what Cooper was trying to do on offense.

Second, the big boy for Cooper was a beast inside, with rebounds, stick backs, and clogging the lane.

Third, Hendrix is much better than he gets credit for. He is a leader by example on that team. Very good defensively, plays hard, and can finish at the rim. Really like his game!

Agree on the 3s from Finfrock, I did not see them either. I thought he finished with 16, the box score above shows him with 18, this could also explain why the individual scores above add up to 47.... and not 45.

I also thought that Posey seemed flustered, it seems like Listerman sat him for a bit, maybe just to give him time to regroup.

The big boy (Wasser), has been playing well lately, I think in this game he had 8 points and 8 boards. I also feel that he played Finfrock to a draw and did a good job of limiting his chances.