Reds off season 2017

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting comments made by Dick Williams the other night on Hot Stove Radio. Basically made it sound as if those above him had a plan, but he wasnt sure what it was yet. I thought Dick was the GM? Guess he is not allowed to make decisions for the team.

Like I have said, until ownership goes, nothing will change.

No issue with signing Storen. Adds depth to the back end of the bullpen.

I guess. However, where does this put Iglesias & Lorenzen? Do they now have a 3 man closer by committee depending on who's available? Do Iglesias & Lorenzen become setup guys to showcase Storen closing to shop him at the trade deadline and then share the job if he's moved?

BTW Marty should be fired for the comments he made the other night.

Marty has enough clout to say what he said, knows the fans would go nuts for being fired.

He didn't attack him personally. He said a small market team can't do 10 year contracts and that if an offer came along they should listen. I don't recall him saying Joey was overpaid or knocking him as a player, only that the reds shouldn't have tied up so much into one player.

He did say that they would take a step back if traded but if they can lose 94 with him, they can lose 94 without him and free up a lot of cash.

Marty has enough clout to say what he said, knows the fans would go nuts for being fired.

He didn't attack him personally. He said a small market team can't do 10 year contracts and that if an offer came along they should listen. I don't recall him saying Joey was overpaid or knocking him as a player, only that the reds shouldn't have tied up so much into one player.

He did say that they would take a step back if traded but if they can lose 94 with him, they can lose 94 without him and free up a lot of cash.

Marty didnt say anything about Votto the other night. I was talking about his comment about Mike Brown and the Bengals.