What State Has the Best HS Football ?

Toothpick

participation, fan interest in college and professional football and the percentage of NCAA Division I-A recruits and NFL players.

1. MS

2. GA

3. LA

4. OH

5. AL

6. TX

7. VA

8. SC

9. KANSAS Baby!

10. FL

Is there a link to this list?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is my first post, I'm almost giddy, and since I used to live in Texas, I will go with Texas. In many towns they are miles and miles from other towns, especially in west Texas, and people drive from as far as 150 miles away to the "local" high school game. It's not just a game, it's an event. And the recent quality of athletes is second to none IMO!

Since this is my first post, I'm almost giddy, and since I used to live in Texas, I will go with Texas. In many towns they are miles and miles from other towns, especially in west Texas, and people drive from as far as 150 miles away to the "local" high school game. It's not just a game, it's an event. And the recent quality of athletes is second to none IMO!

Welcome OSMRDux! :thumb:

Great Name!:lol: :banana: :thumb:

Here is the link, Iwanted to wait on providing it so some posters could weigh first, by the way I dont agree with it myself but thought it made for interesting debate

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2006-08-25-mississippi_x.htm

Based on the listed criterion, I can see MS being up there. While CA and FL produce a lot of talent, the interest per capita is probably not that high.

Based on the listed criterion, I can see MS being up there. While CA and FL produce a lot of talent, the interest per capita is probably not that high.

I cant agrue with your point but my problem with this list is in the criteria used. I would have used different criteria or atleast weighted some items heavier than others. I can say one thing for sure, there is no right or wrong answer because it all boils down to what criteria is used and how that criteria is weighted