What State Has the Best HS Football ?

Toothpick

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many states may have a few really good teams, but overall I would have to think Florida, Texas, and California were the big three.

That is THE BIG 3!!!

1-3 could be in any order, but based on what I have read, seen, and heard I would rate them like this.

1. Florida

2. Texas

3. California

4. Georgia

5. Ohio

6. Louisiana

7. Pennsylvania

8. Alabama

9. Mississippi

10. Michigan

I have to think that all of you posting are using different criteria than was used by the people who made the list, however if I made a lists of my top 10, which I must admit I am not qualified to do, mine would also differ and so would my criteria

Here is my question, what rank is Kentucky? How would the best teams in kentucky do against teams from the top 10 states?

The best teams (Trinity, X, and Male) would be able to compete with a few of them, but they'd probably be demolished by a few, too. And there are far fewer teams in Kentucky than in other states, as to my understanding.

Here is my question, what rank is Kentucky? How would the best teams in kentucky do against teams from the top 10 states?

That brings me to a question about the top CITIES for football. I'd hope Louisville would be up there.

IMO comparing Kentucky's best football programs(Trinity, St. X, Highlands) to the top programs of the Top Ten state for high school football is almost laughable. The only team in recent memory from Ky to beat a solid out of state opponent was Trinity over Elder but i dont think that Elder was the best in Ohio that year, someone can correct me if im wrong. Football is just a whole different game is taken to a whole other level in most of these football states.

but i dont think that Elder was the best in Ohio that year, someone can correct me if im wrong.

Elder went on to win the Ohio Division 1 state title that season--their first.

As to this thread, even given the criteria of NFL interest, college interest, etc., I don't understand how Mississippi is the top of the list. But for those arguing for California... look at what happened to the NFL in Los Angeles.

1 - Texas

2 - Florida

3 - California

4 - Georgia

5 - Alabama

6 - Ohio

7 - Pennsylvania

8 - Mississippi

I like "RockPride's" list. I would slip South Carolina in there somewhere, maybe ahead of Mississippi. If the list is expanded to eleven states, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Michigan factor in there somewhere.