For Those of You Who Want That Old Car Back

Beechwoodfan

I'm glad this thread took a happier turn.

I have my Dad's 1966 T-Bird, 390 4 bbl. That thing rode like glass. I helped my Dad restore it and paint it back in the early or mid '70's. It needs to be restored again as it left our family for a time and unfortunately, I lack the funds and the motivation to do it.

Dad had a 1968 Camaro up until the time I was 3. Sold it because he thought "we needed the money". Now that he's gone I really want that car back. I have no paperwork, just a picture that includes a license plate. I think it's time to begin the search.

If you don't have pics, it didn't happen...

That was a Triumph. A driver rear ended my father's old 67 Chrysler Newport. My mother hardly felt the collision. The Newport had a dent in the rear bumber. The other car was totaled.

When I was in high school, I was driving it and a guy in a 72 Cutlass hit me in the left rear quarter panel. You had to look close to see the pin dent in the quarter panel. The front of the Cutlass was destroyed.

Mom backed into our old International flatbed with it and wrecked the front bumper on the International, leaving a small dent in the truck on the Newport.

My grandfather parked his 65 Chevy pickup next to it in the driveway one time. Mom backed out and proceeded to rake the pickup front to back, leaving it virtually non-drivable. The mishap left the front right fin on the Newport loose, but not to the point to where it had to be repaired.

That old Newport was a tank.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57798[/ATTACH]

Watch this video, and if it doesn't change your mind about old cars, I don't know what will.

"Watch this video, and if it doesn't change your mind about old cars, I don't know what will."

Oh, heck yeah. Safety features on today's cars are great. It's the "character" and "individualism" of design that we love about the classics.

"Watch this video, and if it doesn't change your mind about old cars, I don't know what will."

Oh, heck yeah. Safety features on today's cars are great. It's the "character" and "individualism" of design that we love about the classics.

Oh sure, me too, but Swampy was reminiscing about how "tough" the old cars were, and how so and so car didn't have hardly a dent when the other car was totaled, seemingly equating them as somehow safer. They weren't, and were actually far from it.

I never had one to want it back, but I would 100% like to have this car nonetheless. :lol2:

I sold my Chevelle back in 97 I believe for $8500 I could sell it now for about $30,000 I wish I would have never sold it. The guy who bought was from PA, he was telling me stories about watching Penn State play pretty cool. The car had a 4 speed muzi. He almost burned the clutch up trying to get the car loaded up on his trailer.

I'm glad this thread took a happier turn.

I have my Dad's 1966 T-Bird, 390 4 bbl. That thing rode like glass. I helped my Dad restore it and paint it back in the early or mid '70's. It needs to be restored again as it left our family for a time and unfortunately, I lack the funds and the motivation to do it.

If you don't have pics, it didn't happen...

As and ye shall receive...

Car 1.jpeg

Car 2.jpeg