Is Josh Gordon really ready to take responsibility?

Jim Brown said Gordon seems ready to take responsibility. This reserved endorsement was made after two telephone conversations. I think Brown's comments were designed more as a motivator for Gordon than a statement that Brown believes Gordon is "clean" and ready to be a responsible teammate.

^ He's still a Brown, if they want him. When he is reinstated the Browns will have to decide if they want to cut him or keep him. They have refused to comment on their plans up til now basically saying it isn't an issue unless and until the NFL reinstates him. August 1 is when Gordon can ask to be reinstated again.

Talk about opportunity going up in smoke.

I know he was arrested for driving impaired, but haven't most of his suspensions been marijuana related? I don't approve of it, but it'll be legal everywhere in the next few years (maybe, just guessing). Meanwhile, Greg Hardy played in the NFL last year and we all know what he did.

If marijuana wasn't against the "league substance-abuse policy" I think Josh Gordon would be looked at as one of the leagues best, and he's done what he has without a solid QB.

I feel like Josh Gordon is a special case for the NFL.

He probably doesn't meet the criteria to be reinstated but I think the NFL needs to let him play. I think that is his only hope at this point.

• 1 month later...

Josh Gordon must have impressed Goodell with his progress because Goodell asked to meet with him earlier than anticipated. Jom Brown is said to have been working with Gordon and behind the scenes with Goodell to give Gordon this last chance. The Browns, it appears, have assembled a strong support system for him. It is up to him to take advantage of all that is being offered to help him and keep him on the straight and narrow.

BTW, marijuana isn't his only problem. He had traces of codeine in him which he claimed came from cough syrup. THat's on theory. Probably came from a party concoction known as "Purple Drank", according to one article I saw. FYI, Browns have doctors available 24/7 to give out cough syrup if he needed it. He also has a couple of alcohol related incidents that got him in trouble to go along with his many, many documented uses of weed.

For the Browns, this is a no-lose situation. Gordon can begin practicing when training camp starts and take part in preseason games. He is suspended for the first four games and will return to game action the 5th week against New England, ironically enough, the same time Tom Brady is allowed to return from his suspension. We'll see if Brady can win his starting spot back ; )

I say it is no lose for the Browns because they get an allpro WR back and if he slips up, he won't be a distraction to the team because the NFL will kick him out immediately, before he has tome to be a distraction. At this point, the Browns have nothing to lose by bringing him back on the team. Best case scenario, he comes back and catches a ton of passes and gains a ton of yards and teaches Rookie WR, Coleman, a thing or two. He also has the chance to help his Baylor teammate, RGIII.

Hope he completely changes because he's as good a receiver(top 5) in the NFL. Think Jackson will be good for him and hope McCown stays healthy to get him the ball. Did the Browns sign a QB or is just McCown and Austin Davis?

Hope he completely changes because he's as good a receiver(top 5) in the NFL. Think Jackson will be good for him and hope McCown stays healthy to get him the ball. Did the Browns sign a QB or is just McCown and Austin Davis?

No, but they did sign RG3 :jump: