Spalding is new official ball of KHSAA

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it is a good quality ball, the brand name shouldn't matter. Rawlings ST5's were terrible, but they did make some other balls that lasted much longer. Hopefully Spalding makes a quality ball that will last more than 2 weeks.

It is all about the $$$$$$! Who owns Spalding? You can rest assured they would never let the football coaches use their ball of choice (overwhelmingly Wilson) and have the basketball guys use a ball they considered subpar!

Best ball on the market and it's a shame that we can't use it like other states. Ridiculous.

It is all about the $$$$$$! Who owns Spalding? You can rest assured they would never let the football coaches use their ball of choice (overwhelmingly Wilson) and have the basketball guys use a ball they considered subpar!

Wasn't there a poll on here about what ball that people preferred? I tried looking for it, but couldn't find it.

1. WKU uses Spaulding footballs. It hasn't seemed to kill any offensive production for the Tops.

2. It's the world we live in. Sponsorship money is essential for the KHSAA, especially in an era of declining attendance for state events.

3. Some coaches tend to worry about the wrong things. The type of ball being used surely should not occupy a top twenty list of "What wins games"

Wilson is by far the best football.

Of all of the footballs that we have used, I would agree with you. However, we haven't given this football a shot yet. We have ordered some and will give them a good look. I would think that as much as we complained about Rawlings footballs, KHSAA wouldn't set themselves up for more complaining by choosing an inferior product. I will post on here our thoughts after we have had time to evaluate the Spalding football.

1. WKU uses Spaulding footballs. It hasn't seemed to kill any offensive production for the Tops.

2. It's the world we live in. Sponsorship money is essential for the KHSAA, especially in an era of declining attendance for state events.

3. Some coaches tend to worry about the wrong things. The type of ball being used surely should not occupy a top twenty list of "What wins games"

Ugh I'm pretty sure Western gets as many balls as they want, don't have to really have a "budget" like HS would. Also WKU is sponsored by Russell Athletics who owns Spalding, who also sponsor the State Championship played in Bowling Green, which also went to 3days(not a bad thing) but that's a one day more for brand sponsorships Russell is gonna pay the KHSAA