Spalding is new official ball of KHSAA

So how much money did Russell give KHSAA to be the official everything?

Be curious to know the kickback someone got for the deal.

What does it matter?? The KHSAA is going to take the best deal like any other business. They got a good deal from a company based here in KY.....why is taking that sponsorship deal so wrong??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it matter?? The KHSAA is going to take the best deal like any other business. They got a good deal from a company based here in KY.....why is taking that sponsorship deal so wrong??

That's not the problem. How much was a certain few paid under the table to make the deal.

That's not the problem. How much was a certain few paid under the table to make the deal.

I know the KHSAA has its issues, much like any organization. But I'm not going to assume they took bribes and kickbacks as part of making this decision. Not everything in this world is a conspiracy.

I know the KHSAA has its issues, much like any organization. But I'm not going to assume they took bribes and kickbacks as part of making this decision. Not everything in this world is a conspiracy.

This isnt a conspiracy. Just a question of motives. In this day and time dont think it dont happen.

This isnt a conspiracy. Just a question of motives. In this day and time dont think it dont happen.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It does. But not every deal is sealed with an under the table, side payment. You'd think folks would be happy that a company based here in KY got a shot at this sponsorship. Maybe the "motive" was just the ability to work with an instate, local partner.

Of all of the footballs that we have used, I would agree with you. However, we haven't given this football a shot yet. We have ordered some and will give them a good look. I would think that as much as we complained about Rawlings footballs, KHSAA wouldn't set themselves up for more complaining by choosing an inferior product. I will post on here our thoughts after we have had time to evaluate the Spalding football.

Just out of curiosity which ones did you order and from where? On the Spalding I only saw 1 NFHS ball, hopefully they have more than just that one to choose from.

Just out of curiosity which ones did you order and from where? On the Spalding I only saw 1 NFHS ball, hopefully they have more than just that one to choose from.

We ordered the Alpha and we ordered them through H&W. The Spalding website doesn't have the Alpha on there for whatever reason.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realize the KHSAA has to do what's best financially for them as a business but this ball is horrible. I am not lobbying for any certain ball but to date, Wilson has the best product. I do think it is ironic that we live in a day and time when society screams for top of the line products for competition, yet we continue to use a substandard football.