Brewers @ Reds (5/5 - 5/8)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say, no matter how big or small the crowd, its fun feeling the excitement when the Reds have a big HR or play. Sounds weird but I can feel it while I work. Sure makes it more fun.

Tonight was far from a sellout but I love feeling the fun electricity in the ballpark.

Even though I am chasing dollars, reminds me that I was always a fan first.

Strictly due to injury. I know hindsight is 20/20, but that deal is looking horrible right now. They guy may never play more than half a season again.

Cabrera is the backup.

It's the type of deal you have to make as a small to mid market club. To try and go back and crush it because of completely unforeseen injuries is #hottake garbage...

It's the type of deal you have to make as a small to mid market club. To try and go back and crush it because of completely unforeseen injuries is #hottake garbage...

I agree. I was pumped about the Meso deal at the time. Just unfortunate.

On the flip side, I and many, hated the Homer deal at the time.

I agree. I'm simply saying because he hasn't been healthy it's a terrible deal. I loved it when they made it. Like I said, hindsight...

I agree. I was pumped about the Meso deal at the time. Just unfortunate.

On the flip side, I and many, hated the Homer deal at the time.

Homer is a completely different situation, and an irresponsible decision by management even if he stayed 100% healthy.

It is one thing to extend young players through their 3 arbitration years and maybe buy a year or two on the cheap if they continue their upward trend. It is a whole different deal to give big money to a guy at the end of the 6 years of control.

One is financially responsible management. The other is a horrible decision based on a full history of past results...

Homer is a completely different situation, and an irresponsible decision by management even if he stayed 100% healthy.

It is one thing to extend young players through their 3 arbitration years and maybe buy a year or two on the cheap if they continue their upward trend. It is a whole different deal to give big money to a guy at the end of the 6 years of control.

One is financially responsible management. The other is a horrible decision based on a full history of past results...

Probably why I and many hated it haha

Rules for small market teams' contracts:

1. Don't sign players you control to long term deals till they have just two years of arbitration left.

2. Don't sign one year wonders to long term contracts.

3. Don't extend a long term contract beyond age 35 regardless of who the player is.

4. No pitcher contracts longer than 5 years, preferably just 4 years.

Rules for small market teams' contracts:

1. Don't sign players you control to long term deals till they have just two years of arbitration left.

2. Don't sign one year wonders to long term contracts.

3. Don't extend a long term contract beyond age 35 regardless of who the player is.

4. No pitcher contracts longer than 5 years, preferably just 4 years.

Agree outside of #1. 2-3 years is more than enough time to decide on buying out the arbitration portion and maybe getting a deal on an extra year or two in the process. Wait until after year 4, and you aren't getting any love on buying any extra time...

Strictly due to injury. I know hindsight is 20/20, but that deal is looking horrible right now. They guy may never play more than half a season again.

Probably not at catcher. I like the guy, he's a hard nose throwback kind of player but it's obvious to me that catching is tearing up his body. I see him somewhere at first or a DH. I'm assuming the outfield project didn't work out or isn't even being considered any longer.