Walker's appeal denied

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for Walker but it was apparent (on BGP) that he was listed as a 9th grader, you always here it here first when it comes to HS sports, I applaud Jeff Hall for his words, if anyone knows it would be him. The adults in this situation need to look in the mirror when they point their fingers, it'll come right back to them.

Can someone provide an age-grade timeline.

Just curious how old Bill was as a freshman at HSJ-Rose Hill/8th Grader at NCH and how old he was as a freshman at NCH?

Just how old would he be now as a senior at NCH?

Would he be older than his senior counterparts (as I suspect), or the same age?

How old is O.J.? I suspect the same age as Bill Walker and probably a year older than a normal senior.

Am I right?

Billy will be 19 on October 9, 2006 (give or take a day or two). OJ will be 19 on November 5, 2006. Both, by age, would be eligible in Ohio, West Virginia, or Kentucky. Both, by age, could have been in the class of 2006 rather than the class of 2007. However, before the usual dissenters begin their onslaught over the fact that these two were held back a year, it needs to be said that such decisions by parents are very, very, very common in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and even more common in the "highest numbered" regions. Rose Hill has had students who were held back but so have our trusted neighbors.

As a freshman at Rose Hill, and later an eighth-grader at NCH, Billy was 15 years old. As a freshman at NCH, he was 16 years old.

Mustang, I hope this answers your questions and let me extend my best wishes for continued success to your Bishop Brossart Mustangs. We at Rose Hill always support our "private cousins".

A smart man once told me that "figures dont lie, liars figure", the kid went to school and all kids put their life in the hands of older individuals who are suppose to have the kids' future in mind and not personal motivation, but then again noone is perfect. I believe the kid is no doubt a player, and a player or not he has to meet the educational requirements as well as everyone else.

But, In this situation i dont blame him due to is was on paper and not a sudden mishaps. Yeah he had transfered around a lot but he has 3 peated at this school , so it seems he likes where he's at. Someone(a parent or definately the school system) should of never let this happen. The kid has now almost completed school, and has proven he was going to. I guess since he dont get to play anymore , all i can say is he got hoodwinked. And thats sad.

Billy will be 19 on October 9, 2006 (give or take a day or two). OJ will be 19 on November 5, 2006. Both, by age, would be eligible in Ohio, West Virginia, or Kentucky. Both, by age, could have been in the class of 2006 rather than the class of 2007. However, before the usual dissenters begin their onslaught over the fact that these two were held back a year, it needs to be said that such decisions by parents are very, very, very common in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and even more common in the "highest numbered" regions. Rose Hill has had students who were held back but so have our trusted neighbors.

As a freshman at Rose Hill, and later an eighth-grader at NCH, Billy was 15 years old. As a freshman at NCH, he was 16 years old.

Mustang, I hope this answers your questions and let me extend my best wishes for continued success to your Bishop Brossart Mustangs. We at Rose Hill always support our "private cousins".

Our private cousins , my donkey rear end. You answered nothing , continued ....OJ and Bill....to be continued.

I have no problem with the answer.

I was curious as to Bill's age compared to that of "normal" high school seniors. The answer is that he would be a year older, which is not that out of the ordinary for athletes who tend to get held back, but would still be eligible for play as a senior in Ky, WVa, or Ohio.

I accept Scooterbob's wishes for our success, but choose to disassociate ourselves from being one of Rose Hill's "private cousins."

We have always run a clean program comprised of home-grown players from our own feeder parishes and consider it a disadvantage and a sham to have to compete with those who choose to take advantage of their private school status to gain athletic advantage, thereby giving all of we private schools a black-eye.

I was curious as to Bill's age compared to that of "normal" high school seniors. The answer is that he would be a year older, which is not that out of the ordinary for athletes who tend to get held back, but would still be eligible for play as a senior in Ky, WVa, or Ohio.

I'd be shocked if every school in NKY didn't have at least one kid who was held back. I know CCH does. I know BB does. I know HC does. Its commonplace these days.

I accept Scooterbob's wishes for our success, but choose to disassociate ourselves from being one of Rose Hill's "private cousins."

We have always run a clean program comprised of home-grown players from our own feeder parishes and consider it a disadvantage and a sham to have to compete with those who choose to take advantage of their private school status to gain athletic advantage, thereby giving all of we private schools a black-eye.

I doubt if your in a position to judge Rose Hill from your position in Northern Kentucky, but if you ever decide to transfer , your attitude would fit right in

with your "cousins" at Ashland:rolleyes:

I have never been able to figure out what Rose Hill's big advantage was, they seem to lose more players than they get, and their resources are very limited

compared to their tax supported competition, so exactly what is the big advantage Rose Hill has over other schools in the 16th region, and why have they only won one 16th region title in all of their years of existence with all the 'big advantages" they have?

I doubt if your in a position to judge Rose Hill from your position in Northern Kentucky, but if you ever decide to transfer , your attitude would fit right in

with your "cousins" at Ashland:rolleyes:

I have never been able to figure out what Rose Hill's big advantage was, they seem to lose more players than they get, and their resources are very limited

compared to their tax supported competition, so exactly what is the big advantage Rose Hill has over other schools in the 16th region, and why have they only won one 16th region title in all of their years of existence with all the 'big advantages" they have?

I stand by my statement!

I'd be shocked if every school in NKY didn't have at least one kid who was held back. I know CCH does. I know BB does. I know HC does. Its commonplace these days.

The difference is if you have been held back since getting into high school.

I know of one player that was held back after enrolling in high school, and he DID NOT gain a year of eligibility. He has accepted the fact that he was held back for academic and maturity reasons (not athletic benefit), and he also accepts that he is only eligible for a total of 4 years once he started High School. Sounds like his "entourage" is a little more grounded than Walkers.

Well, Mustang, it will be our pleasure to disassociate any claim of relationship with Bishop Brossart. We are a school made up of and operated by human beings who are cursed with the usual human imperfections. It would be ridiculous for us to claim kinship with a group such as yours that claims to be so perfect. I wonder if your neighbors see you in the same light? I suspect not but, unlike you, it is not our place to judge- particularly with no knowledge of facts.