Villanova vs. North Carolina (2016 National Championship), thoughts, prediction

oldrambler

Who will be the 2016 National Champion ?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2016 National Champion ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a fun one. You basically have 2 different styles of scoring here. Nova loves to hit the 3 and Carolina obviously does their damage in the paint. I think for Carolina to win they have to play solid, perimeter D and limit the Nova 3 pointers. I don't think Nova can bang inside and win. As for Nova, if they can limit Carolina to one shot a possession and control the boards I think they will be in good shape. If they force Carolina to shoot from the outside to win, my boys may be doomed.

Yes, it has been a slightly easy road, but they have show their inside dominance and perimeter improvement to make it a somewhat easy progression to the championship game. The heels overall balance will could possibly be too much for Nova come Monday night. In a game of of player match-ups, I'm going with the Tarheels to cut down the nets.

Yes, it has been a slightly easy road, but they have show their inside dominance and perimeter improvement to make it a somewhat easy progression to the championship game. The heels overall balance will could possibly be too much for Nova come Monday night. In a game of of player match-ups, I'm going with the Tarheels to cut down the nets.

This is how I see it, too. UNC's size, guard play, experience, and overall balance is impressive.

I'd rather Villanova win and if they're hitting shots they may come out on top, , but it will take a great game from them and Carolina to be a little off their game.

North Carolina's academic scandal that went on for 20 years makes them an easy target to root against.

Both teams have been focused, won and deserved to win their way to this championship.

I said last weekend that the winner of the Kansas / Villanova game would win it all so I will stick with it. IMO the key to the game is 1.) can Nova compete with UNC on the boards ? and 2.) Can Nova keep this from becoming an all out track meet ? I think that in both cases the answer is yes. I don't know if Nova will out rebound UNC but they didn't out rebound Oklahoma either. I do believe that they will get enough boards due to the Wildcats will put a body on UNC's big guys. Nova is also a "Tough" team and UNC will not back them down. UNC has basically has breezed into this game with an overall pretty easy route. Nova has been tested, beaten better teams than the Heels have had to. Villanova, imo is a better shooting team and they can and will be tough in the half court. They don't turn the ball over much so that coupled with their passing, screening and overall team play can slow UNC down some. With the little shot clock it's no game is an all out "slow down" game regardless.

I also believe that Villanova is better coached than UNC ...yes, I just said that Jay Wright is a better "in game" coach than Roy Williams. Having said all that I have probably just cemented a UNC win :lol2: but I'll stay with ...Villanova.

Nova 74

UNC 70