18yr old gang raped in NY playground

jericho

Not sure but when I opened the thread I wasn't expecting more whining about guns.

I guess it is my fault but I got so mad that this happened to some poor girl and her dad couldnt do one thing to stop it.

Its a gun free place, but yet the criminal has the gun while the law abiding citizen dont.

Now come on, as soon as Sandy Hook or the Colo movie shooting happend, Obama was first to jump on the gun debate.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it is my fault but I got so mad that this happened to some poor girl and her dad couldnt do one thing to stop it.

Its a gun free place, but yet the criminal has the gun while the law abiding citizen dont.

Now come on, as soon as Sandy Hook or the Colo movie shooting happend, Obama was first to jump on the gun debate.

And I said the same thing then.

Okay, that may be true. So you have multiple dead people (possible) instead of someone being raped. Again, it doesn't make the situation any better.

If I'm the dad and I'm dead but my daughter isn't gang raped...yeah that situation IS better! I don't know a dad worth a crap that wouldn't think the exact same way.

I don't disagree with this at all.

Doesn't mean the dad having a gun changes anything. Certainly wouldn't "improve" the situation. That's my point.

You can't say that it CERTAINLY wouldn't Improve the Situation, it may or it may not...there is no certainty to it either way.

I'm having a hard time with the dad leaving.

I somewhat agree, but what is the alternative. You make them shoot you or stay and watch? Awful situation.

If you make them shoot you by staying I'd say there is a pretty good chance they end up shooting her too.

I somewhat agree, but what is the alternative. You make them shoot you or watch? Awful situation.

I'm going to find out if he has the balls to use the gun. Sorry but I'm not leaving my daughter in that situation. Dude was gone long enough for all 5 of them to rape her.

Does it ever say if girl was white or black?

I know, what difference does it make.

But if it was a white girl would it be considered a hate crime?

If 5 white guys gang raped a black girl would it be a hate crime/

If 5 guys of random color gang raped a Muslim girl would it be hate crime?

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Fair enough. In all likelihood, adding another gun doesn't improve the situation.

So D, you and your daughter are walking through the park and a guy comes up with a gun and tells you to beat it, he's keeping your daughter.

You have a gun on you...you just walk away? Because you don't want to make it any worse?

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Is none of that true?

I know that none of it matters but is what I said not true in this day and time?

I mean we can feel for the victim/dad but we dont even know who she/he is?

Yes its a terrible crime and I am somewhat shocked by the ages of the kids.

Why are they not at home, where are parents, what happens to them now?