Glock 19

woodsrider

The Glock 19 is one of the finest self defense weapons made and I actually think it not having a safety is a plus for self defense. I say that because in a self defense situation where you have a an adrenaline dump and you are scared to death, something as simple as flipping the safety off can be unusually difficult even it you have trained for it thousands of times. If I wasn't so dedicated to the 10 millimeter round in my Glock 20, a Glock 19 would be my every day carry.
You're tall enough to conceal a shotgun, so it doesn't matter to you like all of the rest of us vertically challenged folks.:walk:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you guys have any experience with the Walther PPQ?

I've heard great things about it, but haven't had a chance to shoot one yet. I have a PPS .40 that's great for concealed carry and I love the gun itself. The PPQ shares a lot of similarities of the PPS but is an overall larger gun, with a larger capacity and improved trigger pull.

OK, I'm 95% sure I pulling the trigger (so to speak) on the Glock 19. I can get it for $499, is that a pretty good price? Also I read that some like the Gen 3 better than the Gen 4, is there really any difference?

I haven't bought a gun in forever and never purchased a hand gun from a dealer so how does the process work? Fill out paper work and wait a few days?

OK, I'm 95% sure I pulling the trigger (so to speak) on the Glock 19. I can get it for $499, is that a pretty good price? Also I read that some like the Gen 3 better than the Gen 4, is there really any difference?

I haven't bought a gun in forever and never purchased a hand gun from a dealer so how does the process work? Fill out paper work and wait a few days?

More like fill out paperwork and wait 30 minutes or less. No big deal, unless your background check throws up a bunch of red flags. :eek:

When I bought my gun, it took about 10 minutes for it to come back and I was good to go.

I actually had in mind to buy the beretta m9. But after reading all the reviews I've decided against that one. Seriously if it wasn't for the safety I'd have the glock. Have you shot it?

Spindoc what is it about the safety that you like so much? Just in case a child were to get a hold of it or something of that nature?

Spindoc what is it about the safety that you like so much? Just in case a child were to get a hold of it or something of that nature?

I guess. I don't have one ounce of problem with a safety. I shoot it alot and it's second nature. I just don't like to ever think that I have one that could simply be squeezed and fired. Weird about it I guess.

I guess. I don't have one ounce of problem with a safety. I shoot it alot and it's second nature. I just don't like to ever think that I have one that could simply be squeezed and fired. Weird about it I guess.

Meh, it is what it is, it's a comfort thing for you, that's why they make guns a lot of different ways. I was just curious. I own 6 handguns and a few rifles, plus a shogunt but I've never owned a pistol with a safety so that's probably why it doesn't bother me.