Glock 19

woodsrider

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Glock 22 but I've always had my eye on the Glock 19.

Can't go wrong with a Glock. Nothing flashy, but gets the job done. Very durable, very dependable. The safety issue is not as big of deal as you would think. Like my dad always taught me, with Glocks, your finger is the safety.

What is a good cheaper ammo to practice with? It's been years since I've bought any 9MM.

With practice ammo, it really never mattered to me. Sure, some dirties your gun up more but I clean mine after shooting regardless so never really cared.

How much do you plan to shoot? If you are willing to order I'm bulk, sometimes Freedom Munitions waives shipping and takes 5% off so you are shooting about 17 to 18 cents a round of you buy 1000.

With practice ammo, it really never mattered to me. Sure, some dirties your gun up more but I clean mine after shooting regardless so never really cared.

How much do you plan to shoot? If you are willing to order I'm bulk, sometimes Freedom Munitions waives shipping and takes 5% off so you are shooting about 17 to 18 cents a round of you buy 1000.

If I could get it cheap enough I'd buy bulk. I'll look into Freedom, thanks for the info.

ammoseek.com tracks all online ammo and lists them by cost per round. You can narrow your search by a ton of different criteria. If you are ordering online, check it out and you might save some $$

Does Ammo Seek take into account shipping? That is where I would almost always come out ahead waiting for emails from Freedom Munitions to have temporary free shipping deals with 5% off.

No, it is just a search engine, so it only deals with ammo cost, but I have noticed it only lists items that are in stock.

When you click on any item, it takes you to that manufacturer's website, where you can deal with the shipping, etc.

What is a good cheaper ammo to practice with? It's been years since I've bought any 9MM.

I'll second spindoc...can get pretty cheap 9mm ammo at wal mart. Winchester white box bulk ammo is usually pretty cheap and reliable enough to feed a bunch of rounds through the gun without worrying. Tulammo is even cheaper, but most of it is steel cased and can be harder on the equipment, little dirtier too I think. But a box of 50 should be ok to shoot through it, just not sure I would shoot it on a regular basis.