Could the UA and Army HS all stars beat the worst college team

jericho

If the HS all Americans had 2 months to practice and play some games to get in synch, could they beat the absolute worst college team?

I say no but I'm not sure who the worst college team is either and these HS kids will be starting at a D1 school

We do this every year...no, and it wouldn't be close. Way too much difference in a 22 year old man and an 18 year old (4 more years experience, focus on 1 sport the entire time/year round, fundamentals/coaching, overall strength/speed/agility, football intelligence...etc. Couldn't beat the worst NAIA/Div 3 team. Apples and oranges.

I believe a UA all American team would beat some of the worst D3 schools. 18 vs 22 wouldn't make a huge difference in my opinion. It's hard for me to believe that the All American players are getting that much better from the time they play in that game untill the start of their true freshman college season. And theirs been a lot of really good true freshman players this year. I'll take a all american highschool team of Josh Rosen, Myles Gaskin, and Calvin Ridley all dominant true freshman vs a 0-10 D3 Trinity Bible Study team any day of the week.

We do this every year...no, and it wouldn't be close. Way too much difference in a 22 year old man and an 18 year old (4 more years experience, focus on 1 sport the entire time/year round, fundamentals/coaching, overall strength/speed/agility, football intelligence...etc. Couldn't beat the worst NAIA/Div 3 team. Apples and oranges.

Given a whole offseason and camp to work together as a team, I say yes. Some D3 Teams, at least when I played, were TERRIBLE if you compare scores of common opponents.

If you could really take 2 months and pick the best 40 high school seniors across the nation you could win if you had that special QB who could make you go.. Think about it your going have some big bad boys upfront with big athletic LB'ers. I can pick the skill kids up from Florida, Alabama, Texas.. Get the big boys upfront from the Midwest mix in with the south. Thrown in some soccer kid who can just kick the living crap out of the ball! Hell ya we could beat the worest team in college!!

The All Americans in today's game, and I'm talking up front here, would destroy most of your lower level second tier teams. I say that there is no way a bad NAIA OL could block the D-linemen in the Army AA Game nor could the lower level college DL's generate a pass rush against those HS All Star OL's.

For instance, Centre, which is a good lower level program, I do not believe could handle the caliber of players they would face in those games. Too much size and speed for the HS Seniors playing in those games.

That said, I don't believe any collection of any HS All Stars could come within 21 points of the worst DI-A or scholarship DI-AA school.

Just my two cents.

The All Americans in today's game, and I'm talking up front here, would destroy most of your lower level second tier teams. I say that there is no way a bad NAIA OL could block the D-linemen in the Army AA Game nor could the lower level college DL's generate a pass rush against those HS All Star OL's.

For instance, Centre, which is a good lower level program, I do not believe could handle the caliber of players they would face in those games. Too much size and speed for the HS Seniors playing in those games.

That said, I don't believe any collection of any HS All Stars could come within 21 points of the worst DI-A or scholarship DI-AA school.

Just my two cents.

You have a lot of D-1 kids who signed D-1 scholarships that transfer to the NAIA and D3 levels (more than you think). Don't discount how good they are. In terms of size, speed, strength...Up front is where the HS kids will get dominated. Wouldn't be close. Skill positions would be a slight edge to HS all-stars, but it wouldn't be a shocking difference. I played with 3 guys in our secondary who were 4.4 speed guys at the NAIA level and 2 were transfers from D1 schools in Florida. We didn't have a DL who was above 4.8 40yd (that includes a 300 lb NG) Speed is EVERYWHERE in this country, there isn't much difference anymore between the top 100 and top 500 players in the country by way of speed since they all have access to the same training methods and most HS coaches are taking advantage of how to make their kids bigger-faster-stronger. Look at the top OL/DL we have had in our state in recent years. Elam, one of the top in the country...didn't dominate every snap and was blocked by lots of OL who didn't go on to play a snap of college football. Thee or four of the TOP OL in the country played for Lexington area schools, when you watch them play they were beat on numerous occasions by kids who won't play a snap beyond 2015. But they are 4 and 5 star prospects.

NAIA and D3 schools RECRUIT they aren't just taking walk ons (though they do because of needing meet a freshman quota), and contrary to popular belief they do give money. They have a set amount of scholarships but usually break them up to spread the wealth...but will give big chunks of football money to a kid they want. They go after D1 kids who don't qualify academically and get quite a few...even for just a few years, or get those D1/D1AA kids who get in trouble, flunk out, kicked out...etc. We do this every year. Unless you PLAYED college ball you don't really have a concept of how fast it is transitioning from HS to the college level, even when you are REALLY talented the mental aspect and processing is so much faster. Several of those all-star HS players will play as true freshman, MANY will not and will red-shirt or play a handful of downs but not rotate in more than 15-20 percent of the snaps. Now, could a fluke happen and HS upset a small college...not likely but it's possible. Heck AP State upset Michigan a few years ago and AP State had ZERO 4 or 5 star players and Michigan has more stars than our galaxy! LOL There is always a chance for an upset. But until we get a chance to see something like this, and I am all for it, it will always be a fun debate.