Star Wars Episode VII: SPOILERS AND SPECULATION

All Tell

Can I ask why anyone wants to tie any of this to the cinematic abominations that were the prequels? Frankly I was ecstatic that no one mentioned the space bacteria in the movie yet and the fact that no one was bunny hopping all over the place like fleas hopped up on amphetamines.

Palpatine is dead, not only was he dropped down that chasm but he was also in the Death Star when it exploded. Frankly if he isn't dead there is no reason to even fight him. If he can survive that then just let him win, you can't kill him.

Not every little thing has to have direct ties to everything else. I'm surprised no one has said that Poe Dameron was the son of Wedge Antilles or Biggs Darklighter yet.

As to the film itself, I didn't hate it. First time I can say that about a Star Wars film in a long time. It had the right feel to an extent. That said it did rely heavily on A New Hope and that has its strengths and drawbacks but overall it worked here. I really need to see if again before I can fully form my opinion but for the first time in a long time I actually have some level of hope for the future of the series now that the manchild (Lucas) has had his coloring book taken away from him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Supreme Leader is Palpatine.

The top of his head is split just like Palpatine's was and skin is drawn and tight like he has been in a fire, much like he was thrown in at the end of 6.

There is a difference between fire and moon-sized explosion.

I saw it and did not like it much. It was so silly. Were the previous movies so silly? Are they only good in my memory?

The good. Finn and Rey and Kylo Ren were all good, especially the first two. I think I would have enjoyed a movie with these characters had it not been for all the rest of the movie.

The stupid and the bad. So they built a third Death Star? Whose running this joint? The Legion of Doom had better plans. Whenever the characters in the movie start commenting on how similar it is to previous movies, you know it's bad. I loved how they had the holograms handy of both weapons so the audience could see that these were not the same because this one was bigger.

Bigger and dumber. Instead of putting the critical fatal flaw weak spot in the center of the structure (accessible only by a straight line exhaust pipe) , they put it on the surface and shaped it like a bullseye.

What is the deal with people not believing in Jedis? They had a friggin headquaters on the senate planet and ran all over the galaxy doing stuff? Don't they have the internet and google? It takes what? 15 years or so for Jedi to go from actual people walking around to mysterious myths.

A minor point. The universe would be a lot better off if the Skywalker clan aborted all its babies.

Dont get me started on the stupid puzzle piece map showing Luke's location. It was a jig jaggedy line showing the route he took to get where he is. Who cares about the route? Just go to the end spot on the line. Such a ridiculous artifice.

Advice for the next ruler of the bad guys. Search all droids for secrets.

His lightsaber was in a wooden box? And speaking of wooden....Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. The guy in the monkey suit did a better job emoting.

Okay, sorry for all you who loved it, I wanted to like it, but was too dumb. I guess it will be the biggest movie of all time, so who cares what I say lol. The movie is dumb and they are billionaires.

They all had their silly moments. Do you not remember R2 and 3PO...or the Ewoks... or the Ugnauts playing keep-away with 3POs head? Or well, most of what happened on Endor?

There is a difference between fire and moon-sized explosion.

He had the same amount of time to get out that Luke and Vader did. May not be him but both have that deep rut in their foreheads.

rDKhH.jpg

He's probably Palgeuis, but I won't be surprised if he turns out to be Palpatine.

He had the same amount of time to get out that Luke and Vader did. May not be him but both have that deep rut in their foreheads.

He's probably Palgeuis, but I won't be surprised if he turns out to be Palpatine.

He did. But he was also falling quite a distance, and there was a noticeable force explosion from the same chasm. I don't understand this desire to connect this quality film to the speak and spell level dialogue and plot of the prequels.

He could be someone else. It doesn't always have to connect to previous characters. In fact given how anything tainted by the atrocities known as the prequels is universally more or less terrible I really would rather someone else.

The sith are played out, they aren't interesting anymore. The prequels took an interesting concept and turned it into something mundane. I'd rather he be a different adherent of the dark side.

Edited by PepRock01

Just saw it.

Ticked me off Han Solo dies.

Princess Leia looks awful, even with all makeup.

Mad that she didn't have bigger role.

Disappointed in Capt Plasma was so limited and beat so easy.

In the books Luke's son is named Ben, which in the movie Ben is Han and Leia son.

Mark Hamill is highest paid actor in this movie.

I actually like BB8

Why is C3PO have a red arm

So much more I can't write it all

I will list ,my favorite in order

Episode

5 Empire Strikes Back

4 Star Wars

6 Return of the Jedi

2 it sucks

I need to see it again to see if it's real good

Just saw it.

Ticked me off Han Solo dies.

Princess Leia looks awful, even with all makeup.

Mad that she didn't have bigger role.

Disappointed in Capt Plasma was so limited and beat so easy.

In the books Luke's son is named Ben, which in the movie Ben is Han and Leia son.

Mark Hamill is highest paid actor in this movie.

I actually like BB8

Why is C3PO have a red arm

So much more I can't write it all

I will list ,my favorite in order

Episode

5 Empire Strikes Back

4 Star Wars

6 Return of the Jedi

2 it sucks

I need to see it again to see if it's real good

Apparently Harrison Ford wanted Lucas to kill him off in the originals, so while I was really sad too, I went into the movie expecting this. Also you might be the first person I've ever seen that put 1 ahead of 2 and 3. I personally believe 7 is on the same level as the originals and the prequels aren't as bad as everyone thinks. But your list just shocked me.

rDKhH.jpg

You think he's Plagueis too? I think this is the most logical theory the more I think about it. While it could be Palpatine, and I wouldn't be shocked at all, I think they want a new, and badder antagonist than Palpatine. Who better than Palpatines old master?

Apparently Harrison Ford wanted Lucas to kill him off in the originals, so while I was really sad too, I went into the movie expecting this. Also you might be the first person I've ever seen that put 1 ahead of 2 and 3. I personally believe 7 is on the same level as the originals and the prequels aren't as bad as everyone thinks. But your list just shocked me.

I wish they had just froze Han again, at least he wouldn't be dead.

Well episode 3 was better than 1, I agree.

7 is no where near as good as original 3.

I saw it and did not like it much. It was so silly. Were the previous movies so silly? Are they only good in my memory?

The good. Finn and Rey and Kylo Ren were all good, especially the first two. I think I would have enjoyed a movie with these characters had it not been for all the rest of the movie.

The stupid and the bad. So they built a third Death Star? Whose running this joint? The Legion of Doom had better plans. Whenever the characters in the movie start commenting on how similar it is to previous movies, you know it's bad. I loved how they had the holograms handy of both weapons so the audience could see that these were not the same because this one was bigger.

Bigger and dumber. Instead of putting the critical fatal flaw weak spot in the center of the structure (accessible only by a straight line exhaust pipe) , they put it on the surface and shaped it like a bullseye.

What is the deal with people not believing in Jedis? They had a friggin headquaters on the senate planet and ran all over the galaxy doing stuff? Don't they have the internet and google? It takes what? 15 years or so for Jedi to go from actual people walking around to mysterious myths.

A minor point. The universe would be a lot better off if the Skywalker clan aborted all its babies.

Dont get me started on the stupid puzzle piece map showing Luke's location. It was a jig jaggedy line showing the route he took to get where he is. Who cares about the route? Just go to the end spot on the line. Such a ridiculous artifice.

Advice for the next ruler of the bad guys. Search all droids for secrets.

His lightsaber was in a wooden box? And speaking of wooden....Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. The guy in the monkey suit did a better job emoting.

Okay, sorry for all you who loved it, I wanted to like it, but was too dumb. I guess it will be the biggest movie of all time, so who cares what I say lol. The movie is dumb and they are billionaires.

Mayfield, the Star War movies are fun movies, to be enjoyed and not taken so seriously. Everything doesn't have to be On Golden Pond.

Rey is Han's and Leia's daughter who they hid away after Ben went to the dark side. I can't believe nobody else sees that. Geez, and I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan.

It's a possibility. In the expanded universe novels they did have a set of twins.

Mayfield, the Star War movies are fun movies, to be enjoyed and not taken so seriously. Everything doesn't have to be On Golden Pond.

Well yeah, I suppose, maybe. For example, I could note that everyone is speculating about this movie. Take: Who are Ren's parents? And in the process of guessing the answer to that, people are reasonably putting forth ideas that seem to make sense to them. So, if "making sense" as to future events not yet revealed is not unreasonable to anticipate, what then is wrong with me pointing out parts that already exist and don't make sense. Everyone enjoys movies on different levels. I enjoyed Ren and Finn, the rest was not great...for me.

Finally got some free time to see it. I really enjoyed it and thought it was amazing.

1 - I can see Finn being tied back into Lando. Would be a good wrap up for the next movie.

2 - I can see Rey being Han and Leia's daughter, but I would have think they would have alluded to it more.

3 - No way Pallpentine. No. Way.

4 - Bummer about Han, but somehow I knew it was coming.

5 - Silver Storm Trooper Chica - they let that kind of die. Wish they would have done more.

For me I thought this ranked up at the top out of the series. Right behind Empire (being #1) and above the original at #3.