Star Wars Episode VII: SPOILERS AND SPECULATION

All Tell

Would you rather Supreme Leader Snoke be a completely new character or someone we already know about such as Darth Plagueis or Palpatine? Personally I will be thoroughly disappointed if it is someone completely new because that wouldn't allow us to speculate about anything in the movies anymore.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ One rumor I read was that it was actually Vader. Palpatine in Episode III promised to teach him how to cheat death, maybe they succeeded.

I'm going with it is Palpatine or Plagueis and that at some point Vader will return in some way to assist Luke or Rey.

Since it has been shared by Disney that they will take liberties from following the book plot lines I read an interesting take on Rey last week.

Here's a cool theory.....she's a Kenobi clan member. It is possible Ben wasn't in complete isolation all those years! I cannot see Han or Leia leaving her in isolation for most of her youth if she is indeed Wrens twin sister.

Ben Kenobi having a grandaughter opens up numerous plot line opportunities to extend the Star Wars saga and further build the dichotomy between good and evil.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Wookieepedia - Wikia

Thoughts?

Since it has been shared by Disney that they will take liberties from following the book plot lines I read an interesting take on Rey last week.

Here's a cool theory.....she's a Kenobi clan member. It is possible Ben wasn't in complete isolation all those years! I cannot see Han or Leia leaving her in isolation for most of her youth if she is indeed Wrens twin sister.

Ben Kenobi having a grandaughter opens up numerous plot line opportunities to extend the Star Wars saga and further build the dichotomy between good and evil.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Wookieepedia - Wikia

Thoughts?

That would make her like 40.

I really hope Rey isn't a direct descendant of either Luke or Obi-Wan. It would put the both of them in violation of the rules of the Jedi, one of the things that helps throw the force out of balance to begin with. While Luke and Leia's goodness is a testament to the power of how they were raised by their adoptive parents, it was Anakin's attachment to Padme that ultimately led to his downfall and conversion to the Dark Side. I'd hate to think less of Luke or Obi-Wan.

On the other hand, I'd be fascinated if they were somehow more distantly related.

For me, the real mystery is whether they will build a fourth planet sized weapon that can be destroyed with a well-placed hand grenade.

Vainglory. The First Order fancy themselves a group dedicated to following a strict code in accordance with Palpatine's designs on what government should be. They seem to think they can pick up where he left off and succeed where he failed.

Vanity of vanities. There is no such thing as a weapon that can't be destroyed, as we have seen. But to be fair to them, they did succeed in wiping out the planet on which the Republic was based. The First Order may have lost their weapon, but they managed to create complete political chaos in the first film that I assume will only deteriorate in the second.

I really hope Rey isn't a direct descendant of either Luke or Obi-Wan. It would put the both of them in violation of the rules of the Jedi, one of the things that helps throw the force out of balance to begin with. While Luke and Leia's goodness is a testament to the power of how they were raised by their adoptive parents, it was Anakin's attachment to Padme that ultimately led to his downfall and conversion to the Dark Side. I'd hate to think less of Luke or Obi-Wan.

On the other hand, I'd be fascinated if they were somehow more distantly related.

One thing I read about how this would be possible is that Yoda blamed himself for not allowing the Jedi to change over the years and that he should have. That may have allowed Luke or Obi to get a little loving without breaking the code.

The more I think the more I think she is Han and Leia's

One thing I read about how this would be possible is that Yoda blamed himself for not allowing the Jedi to change over the years and that he should have. That may have allowed Luke or Obi to get a little loving without breaking the code.

The more I think the more I think she is Han and Leia's

One of the major themes of the first trilogy is that it's a triumph of Eastern philosophy over Western and I feel like that almost Buddhist principle of non-attachment is so strong that doing away with it would be a grave mistake.

• 4 months later...
I think Supreme Leader is Palpatine.

The top of his head is split just like Palpatine's was and skin is drawn and tight like he has been in a fire, much like he was thrown in at the end of 6.

There is a difference between fire and moon-sized explosion.

Granted, it's a very small moon …

For me, the real mystery is whether they will build a fourth planet sized weapon that can be destroyed with a well-placed hand grenade.

Just like shootin' womp rats. Gotta lead 'em a little.