Star Wars Episode VII: SPOILERS AND SPECULATION

All Tell

Just saw it tonight. I enjoyed the movie and thought it was really good, but as others have already stated, my initial impression is that it was basically a retelling of the plot to IV. Hopefully I am wrong but as of now I basically anticipate that VIII will involve Rey training with Luke to master the force and become a Jedi knight (Luke w/ Yoda) and that IX will involve Rey having a final showdown with Kylo Ren (Luke vs. Vader). Surely they wont just rehash the basic plot of the original (middle) three?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw it again.

Rey being Han and Leia's daughter is making more sense to me. She flashed on the final battle between Kylo Ren and Luke. Did she actually witness it before Luke did a Jedi mind trick and made her forget then dropped her on Jakku. She apparently has no memory of her past. Han and Leia may think she died when the rest of the Jedi were wiped out. BUT if she is his sister why didn't Kylo tell her?

And to @MNCM I just saw an interview with JJ Abrams. He assured people that Capt. Phasma will have a role in the next film.

I saw it yesterday. I watched the original Star Wars 1977 at my home the night before (I've got the updated DVD's from several years ago of Episodes IV, V, and VI) and plan on watching the other two later.

I think this is a great movie. After the letdown from Episodes I, II, and III, it's refreshing to see a director set the franchise back in proper form.

This movie is almost like watching a technologically advanced New Hope, with many very similar storylines. I suggest anyone going to see it watch it in 3D. Some of the scenes blew me away, and the 3D puts you right in the middle of the action.

I would rank the movie 3rd of the 7 movies, behind number 1 The Empire Strikes Back and number 2 A New Hope. Number 4 would be Return Of The Jedi. Of the three movies made between 1999 and 2005 I would place Episode III at number 5, Episode II at 6, and Episode I last at 7th.

Saw it tonight in IMAX ( highly recommend ). After the disappointments of the last three films I applaud Disney on the Force Awakens.

My interest has definitely awakened. Looking forward to seeing Rey and Finns' future character development. The FORCE is getting stronger...!!! :)

I liked it OK, I guess, but it was pretty formulaic. I was guessing the next scene before it happened. And killing the death star thing, gets kind of old.

You would think they would have put more thought into it. Some the Star War novels are really good.

To me, it was just a rehash of the original movie.

I'll wait for the next one to show up on Amazon or Netflix.

I liked it OK, I guess, but it was pretty formulaic. I was guessing the next scene before it happened. And killing the death star thing, gets kind of old.

You would think they would have put more thought into it. Some the Star War novels are really good.

To me, it was just a rehash of the original movie.

I'll wait for the next one to show up on Amazon or Netflix.

The more I have thought about it the more I think they did it to engender as much good will as possible. The next film is where they can push things.

He had the same amount of time to get out that Luke and Vader did. May not be him but both have that deep rut in their foreheads.

rDKhH.jpg

He's probably Palgeuis, but I won't be surprised if he turns out to be Palpatine.

I don't think it is Palpatine. Luke didn't have to fish himself out of a chasm that lead who knows where. Besides if he were Palpatine, why change his name?

I don't think it is Palpatine. Luke didn't have to fish himself out of a chasm that lead who knows where. Besides if he were Palpatine, why change his name?

It's probably not, but the resemblance on the way his head was and the tight skin that looks like it may have been in a fire was all I was basing it on. May have changed his name to escape Luke's attention.

Finally saw it last night and LOVED it!

Found myself choked up a couple of times – they nailed the Hans & Leia scenes. (Took me back to summer of ’77 as a kid, when my sibs and I sat mesmerized watching the original at the drive-in LOL).

Excited to see the mysteries unfold as stated by others – love Rey & Finn!

What's the money totals on the movie up to this point, especially since it's now opened in China?

I'm hearing it's getting multiple viewings from individuals. That's what drove Titanic to tally the enormous revenues it earned back in 1998.

Doesn't open in China until the 9th, I think.

It is #1 already all time in the US passing Avatar Monday or Tuesday.

I know one guy that has seen this 5 or 6 times already. I've seen it twice and my wife who has seen it once want's to see it again.

SWTFA has set these records in 3 weeks, while Avatar was in theaters around 25-30 weeks total.