Election day observations...

All Tell

1. Signs all over my polling place said have ID ready and I was required to show photo ID before getting my ballot. I thought mandated ID at polling places was a bad thing and not allowed?

2. The number on my ballot was entered by my name after I signed the book. I thought we were supposed to have secret ballots?

3. It took me exactly 5 seconds (i timed it) to vote.

3. Other then the state wide races the only other race on my ballot was a special election to fill a vacant district judge position. There were 21 people running. I voted for the guy I went to high school with. It was as good a reason as any.

I am thankful for the opportunity to vote. I've not missed an election since I first became eligible to vote.

I also am thankful to have the health to go to the poll. The elderly man that lives next door to me and is going through cancer treatment could barely make it. He wouldn't accept a ride, though.

There were no signs up for IDs at my polling place. I always bring mine with me, but since the poll workers are neighbors, they never look at it.

Honestly, though a low turnout was expected, my polling place was busier than I expected it to be.

I wasn't asked for my ID. I had it on the ready and gave it to them before they could ask me for it. The elderly couple in front of me was asked to show ID.

I didn't look to see if a sign was there.

I did see a sign saying that if a person hadn't properly registered to become a write in candidate then you couldn't write them in or it wouldn't count if you did. As a result I voted for Drew Curtis as governor and not Jason Alexander. Damn rules.

1. Signs all over my polling place said have ID ready and I was required to show photo ID before getting my ballot. I thought mandated ID at polling places was a bad thing and not allowed?

2. The number on my ballot was entered by my name after I signed the book. I thought we were supposed to have secret ballots?

3. It took me exactly 5 seconds (i timed it) to vote.

3. Other then the state wide races the only other race on my ballot was a special election to fill a vacant district judge position. There were 21 people running. I voted for the guy I went to high school with. It was as good a reason as any.

My "straight D ticket" will cancel your straight Republican. Five ...four...three...two...one! Done!

Was asked for ID to look up name in book. They flipped through the book to find the signature block. Noticed it was very, very sparse in terms of signatures.

Did not notice ballot number being recorded. Two ladies were on the signature book and one handing out ballot on adjacent table.

In and out. No one there when I arrived. Maybe two people came afterwards.