Louisville 17 Boston College 14

Pura Vida

The Cards' woeful offensive line took the worst set of punches it's taken all season from the best group of defensive linemen they'll see the rest of the year. Not easy to get much offense going when QBs and RBs have someone up their face not two seconds after the snap.

I fully expect Louisville to win the next three (Wake, Syracuse, and Virgina -- all pretty terrible and only Wake on the road) and be bowl eligible with the two road games against Pitt and UK still there to determine the ultimate success or disappointment of this season.

This one surprised me. I thought that BC would take this one. BC seemed that they had UL playing their (BC's) style and as well coached as they are, when they can do that then they have an excellent chance of winning.

That team runs the worst offense I've ever seen in major conference football... and I watched 2014 Wake Forest.

That said, their defensive front was incredibly impressive. May not be the best athletes on the world, but those guys were all over the place and there was no telling when or how they were going to bring pressure.

I knew we wouldn't score much on BC because can't run the ball, but the offense did not execute as well as they could have, this could have been a wider margin. That said, I'll take the W. This one was important. That's the best defense we'll face the rest of the season.

47% of the plays in this game failed to net positive yardage and 23% lost yardage.

Those percentages have to be typos...that is just crazy...basically one quarter of the plays lost yardage??? I wonder when the last time that happened??