Louisville 17 Boston College 14

Pura Vida

That team runs the worst offense I've ever seen in major conference football... and I watched 2014 Wake Forest.

That said, their defensive front was incredibly impressive. May not be the best athletes on the world, but those guys were all over the place and there was no telling when or how they were going to bring pressure.

I agree that they are very good defensively and I also agree on their offense. Should their defense plus special teams not keep them close, score at least once then they are in trouble.

Team A offensive stats against BC:

First downs: 15

Total yards: 217

Rushing yards: 98

Passing: 119

Turnovers: 0

Big plays (over 20 yard gains): 2

14 offensive points

Team B:

First Downs: 18

Total Yards: 365

Rushing: 135

Passing: 230

Turnovers: 4

Big Plays: 5

10 offensive points

Team A Fla St.

B Louisville

Now, of course there are countless nuances and variables in games that can skew comparisons like these but regardless: Louisville really wasn't terrible on offense. Definitely lots of things to improve but they moved the ball well against a pretty good defense.

Those percentages have to be typos...that is just crazy...basically one quarter of the plays lost yardage??? I wonder when the last time that happened??

UofL radio guys were saying in the 4thQ that there were so many TFLs they had long ago lost official count.

Team A offensive stats against BC:

First downs: 15

Total yards: 217

Rushing yards: 98

Passing: 119

Turnovers: 0

Big plays (over 20 yard gains): 2

14 offensive points

Team B:

First Downs: 18

Total Yards: 365

Rushing: 135

Passing: 230

Turnovers: 4

Big Plays: 5

10 offensive points

Team A Fla St.

B Louisville

Now, of course there are countless nuances and variables in games that can skew comparisons like these but regardless: Louisville really wasn't terrible on offense. Definitely lots of things to improve but they moved the ball well against a pretty good defense.

Petrino got ahead of himself at times on Saturday. A lot of college coaches do it. One drive I remember particularly in the third quarter, Louisville started at their own ten, passed the ball four times because Jackson was doing a great job of finding Staples and Bagley that game, then Petrino ran three consecutive plays with Brandon Radcliff. Louisville lost 12 total yards on those plays and the Cardinals were pushed back to punting distance.

The one where they drove 60 yards and then Jackson threw an interception in the endzone by underthrowing his receiver headed to the corner was also a backbreaker.

Frustrating day all around offensively.

I knew we wouldn't score much on BC because can't run the ball, but the offense did not execute as well as they could have, this could have been a wider margin. That said, I'll take the W. This one was important. That's the best defense we'll face the rest of the season.

Agreed.

Louisville will be favored and should win the next three. That would put Louisville at 6-4 headed into the ACC finale against Secretly Decent Pitt (whose own next three games should be interesting -- UNC, Notre Dame, Duke) and the season finale at Kentucky.

After the first three weeks of the season when the whole thing was looking like a complete disaster, I'd welcome a shot at 7-5.

I can't believe it is 48 hours later and I am the 1st person to type P-E-N-A-L-T-I-E-S!!! Lord it was brutal to watch. At some point, just stop even giving them a snap count. Just tell them to watch the ball and start after it moves.

That many penalties for the same infractions reflects on poor player discipline and poor coaching. If they don't have a major improvement in that category next week, shame on Petrino. Penalties are something you fully control through discipline, repetition and hard work.

Yes, the UofL offense was OK but for the TOs and the TFLs. I think they fare a bit better if Jackson is at full strength. However, the same moves that allow him to break 3 tackles and turn a loss into a 10 yd. gain allow him to similarly turn a 4 yd. loss into a 15 yd. loss. 2nd & 14 is do-able. 2nd and 25 (or 30 / 35 once they false start a time or 2) is draw, draw, punt.

Hard to tell if the UofL defense was good or if BC was just that bad. At a minimum, they prevented a bad defense from moving the ball on them.

Great to get a W and move on to next week. Get a few more, beat UK and go bowling somewhere fun.

I can't believe it is 48 hours later and I am the 1st person to type P-E-N-A-L-T-I-E-S!!! Lord it was brutal to watch. At some point, just stop even giving them a snap count. Just tell them to watch the ball and start after it moves.

That many penalties for the same infractions reflects on poor player discipline and poor coaching. If they don't have a major improvement in that category next week, shame on Petrino. Penalties are something you fully control through discipline, repetition and hard work.

Yes, the UofL offense was OK but for the TOs and the TFLs. I think they fare a bit better if Jackson is at full strength. However, the same moves that allow him to break 3 tackles and turn a loss into a 10 yd. gain allow him to similarly turn a 4 yd. loss into a 15 yd. loss. 2nd & 14 is do-able. 2nd and 25 (or 30 / 35 once they false start a time or 2) is draw, draw, punt.

Hard to tell if the UofL defense was good or if BC was just that bad. At a minimum, they prevented a bad defense from moving the ball on them.

Great to get a W and move on to next week. Get a few more, beat UK and go bowling somewhere fun.

Saw one projection that had them in El Paso. Hopefully they can do some work to get out of that one

I am more disappointed with the offense. I know that the offensive line is terrible. But I hate the fact that we are living on the ZONE READ concept. That is not Petrino's strength.

His strength is a lot of motion mixing up sets and running the football and play action off the run game. I feel bad for Brandon Radcliff, he is getting the Dom Brown treatment this season.

Coach Bucket what is the Dom Brown treatment? Sorry I’m not savvy about all things football. LOL

And completely off topic, but can I just give a shout-out to Garrick McGee (Louisville Offensive Coordinator). Love him! There are times when Petrino simply rips into players (aka Lamar) and McGee is always around to say it’s ok, it’s ok – and get the guys back together.

Coach Bucket what is the Dom Brown treatment? Sorry I’m not savvy about all things football. LOL

And completely off topic, but can I just give a shout-out to Garrick McGee (Louisville Offensive Coordinator). Love him! There are times when Petrino simply rips into players (aka Lamar) and McGee is always around to say it’s ok, it’s ok – and get the guys back together.

Dominque Brown was a thousand yard rusher under Coach Strong. But for some reason last season he didnt touch the field except on punt team. If not mistaken this kid made an NFL roster this season.

Radcliffe although is getting a few carries a game it seems like the staff have given up on him. Last season this young man had a great year. Just very fustrating knowing what talent is being wasted.

Dominque Brown was a thousand yard rusher under Coach Strong. But for some reason last season he didnt touch the field except on punt team. If not mistaken this kid made an NFL roster this season.

Radcliffe although is getting a few carries a game it seems like the staff have given up on him. Last season this young man had a great year. Just very fustrating knowing what talent is being wasted.

That's one thing with Petrino — once you are in the doghouse, you stay there. Everybody complains about how Pitino runs players off, but Petrino does even more of it.